5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Headlight Post

Mpickwith

Reaction score
Another headlight post, I know! I searched though and couldn’t find what I’m encountering.

I bought some used OEM LEDs because I was unhappy with the AlphaRex’s I had. My left side low beam went out and even with a new bulb it wouldn’t work so I figured it was just an issue with the headlights. I installed my OEMs today and come to find out, the left side low beam doesn’t work!

The other thing is the left side turn signal is very dim, to the point you can’t even see it illuminated but it worked fine on my Alphas I had installed. Could that be a bad module?

I used the retro shop harness for my install also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Could it be that the used light that you bought is defective?
If not, then a poor ground connection G922A, this is shared with the lo and high beams but if high-beams are fine, then
that could indicate a problem with wiring or possibly a faulty BCM the runs the whole show.

Mpickwith

Reaction score
2e9ff907944c97eb90462a0d92052efa.jpg

Driver side / left side

Mpickwith

Reaction score
7b71313b3b57dd089801b1820f9cc97d.jpg

Passenger side everything works properly

Mpickwith

Reaction score
Could it be that the used light that you bought is defective?
If not, then a poor ground connection G922A, this is shared with the lo and high beams but if high-beams are fine, then
that could indicate a problem with wiring or possibly a faulty BCM the runs the whole show.

Thanks I thought the lights maybe too but my concern was both set of headlights the driver side low beam didn’t work but the high beams do. Both on OEM used set and on the AlphaRex set I had. The AlphaRex worked fine for about 2 years then the lows quit working. I’ve swapped bulbs on them and still the same thing that’s why I went the OE route thinking it wouldn’t be an issue

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks I thought the lights maybe too but my concern was both set of headlights the driver side low beam didn’t work but the high beams do. Both on OEM used set and on the AlphaRex set I had. The AlphaRex worked fine for about 2 years then the lows quit working. I’ve swapped bulbs on them and still the same thing that’s why I went the OE route thinking it wouldn’t be an issue

Your top LED strip seems to be out also, that would indicate a defective light assembly. Or a bad timing with the frame rate showing it in the off state.
As far as the lo beam, time to start taking voltage measurements.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Try removing the passenger light and plugging it into the driver side (I assume the connection themselves are the same ) and vice versa so you can pin point if its indeed the headlightz

Mpickwith

Reaction score
Try removing the passenger light and plugging it into the driver side (I assume the connection themselves are the same ) and vice versa so you can pin point if its indeed the headlightz

Thanks that came to mind after I had reassembled everything of course, wasn’t sure if connectors were the same or not

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It “should” be. Every headlight I’ve dealt with has had the same connection including a 4th gen. I don’t see a 5th gen being any different although I haven’t had to do anything with a 5th gen headlight.

Mpickwith

Reaction score
Thanks I’ll try that tomorrow evening and see if it fixes it

Mpickwith

Reaction score
a0c45c34324ea58c63ceb19d57d6d79f.jpg

Definitely has to be something electrical or maybe the light module underneath? When I unlocked it right now the low beam illuminates

Users who are viewing this thread