5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another GT Exhaust Thread…

Tranzella

Reaction score
I’m about to bite the bullet and purchase the GT exhaust for my Rebel. I’m having no luck finding it used, and I want a more aggressive sound. From reading all the threads in this forum, this system seems like the best fit for me. Is there any reason (besides $$) to not do this?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
If you want the sound of an GT exhaust but can't source the part get a Borla S Type, which is the closest sounding one in the market.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you’ve read the threads, you know you are going to get plenty of opinions to do it or don’t do it. Having owned DT’s with the GT exhaust and without (the without was given some auditory enhancement via MBRP), I can say this: I absolutely like the GT exhaust, great sound for this truck. However, if I had to buy one, I would definitely consider price vs similar cat-back systems. My .02

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m about to bite the bullet and purchase the GT exhaust for my Rebel. I’m having no luck finding it used, and I want a more aggressive sound. From reading all the threads in this forum, this system seems like the best fit for me. Is there any reason (besides $$) to not do this?
You should be able to find both parts for a total of $1,000 or less.

IMO it’s the best combination of great sound on cold start and when you get on it, but quiet as a mouse when you’re cruising. Sounds really good when the truck is downshifting too. If you want a loud obnoxious sound all the time this is not the exhaust for you.

For my personal preference I would buy the GT exhaust again regardless of the cost.

frisby5

Reaction score
I was able to get mine for about $900 put it on in early October. Love the sound cant go wrong if this is what you decide.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

IMO it’s the best combination of great sound on cold start and when you get on it, but quiet as a mouse when you’re cruising. Sounds really good when the truck is downshifting too. If you want a loud obnoxious sound all the time this is not the exhaust for you.

For my personal preference I would buy the GT exhaust again regardless of the cost.
Those are good points. As a bonus for me, when I'm getting on it my wife says she likes the "snarl" when it shifts.

Tranzella

Reaction score

Yep, this is exactly what I want. Plus I might be in the minority but I prefer to keep the stock tailpipes too.

Tranzella

Reaction score
I was able to get mine for about $900 put it on in early October. Love the sound cant go wrong if this is what you decide.
If you don’t mind, where did you get it from? I can order it online and pick it up from a local dealer for about $1050. Thanks!

frisby5

Reaction score
I got mine from Avondale Cjrd , i ordered through mopar online and changed dealers several times on the website until i found the cheapest dealer. It was a 60mile round trip but i saved alot

JRD

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this is louder or quieter than the Borla Touring? I was pretty set on the Touring until I came across this thread and looked it up on YouTube. It sucks that you’re spending so much money based on YouTube videos since they’re so hard to see in the wild.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this is louder or quieter than the Borla Touring? I was pretty set on the Touring until I came across this thread and looked it up on YouTube. It sucks that you’re spending so much money based on YouTube videos since they’re so hard to see in the wild.
Louder.

Reactions: JRD

dacm99

Reaction score
I got mine from Avondale Cjrd , i ordered through mopar online and changed dealers several times on the website until i found the cheapest dealer. It was a 60mile round trip but i saved alot
Mind explaining? I’ve been trying to figure out your method but keep getting directed to the Mopar estore.

frisby5

Reaction score
Mind explaining? I’ve been trying to figure out your method but keep getting directed to the Mopar estore.
When your on the mopar site put your zip code in, then when it brings up the dealer that has your part click on the dealer it should ask you if you want to change dealers.

dacm99

Reaction score
When your on the mopar site put your zip code in, then when it brings up the dealer that has your part click on the dealer it should ask you if you want to change dealers.
Got it, the Mopar site on Mobile doesn’t work great. Went to a desktop and I got what is mentioned. Interesting the difference in price at local dealers in the ATL.

frisby5

Reaction score
Got it, the Mopar site on Mobile doesn’t work great. Went to a desktop and I got what is mentioned. Interesting the difference in price at local dealers in the ATL.
Yeah pretty interesting price difference between dealers.

Users who are viewing this thread