5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

another dash cam

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
found on the trx forum

https://amzn.to/3Xq8DW0

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting I was set on buying a Blackvue in the next week or so but this fills that hesitation I had on dashcam sticking out like a sore thumb.

Edit: lack of parking mode may be a deal killer

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmm Ill have to go back and look at it more throughly. Ill need a Model A anyways so I have time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow. That is slick! I'm seriously considering getting this.

I wish they have pics of how the rear camera is mounted as well.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I like that I was contemplating getting a dash cam but I do not like how they are just out there like a sore thumb so I've been hesitant about buying one. I like this one though

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I get everything nowadays is made overseas but I thought this was funny. This is from their website lol Screenshot_20230120_233235_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
For those interested, I contacted fitcamx to inquire about the Model A camera because I need that one myself and they said it's still being revised because they encountered some problems. Then they stopped communicating or got disconnected Screenshot_20230121_004306_DuckDuckGo.jpg Screenshot_20230121_004343_DuckDuckGo.jpg Screenshot_20230121_004415_DuckDuckGo.jpg Screenshot_20230121_004435_DuckDuckGo.jpg Screenshot_20230121_004453_DuckDuckGo.jpg

1500DFW

Reaction score
Is this only for the TRX? Or does this work for the Limited’s as well?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is this only for the TRX? Or does this work for the Limited’s as well?
The model B should work for all 5th Gen trucks that have mirrors like this:

979D0CA4-ADEE-468D-AC21-6D32CA403A39.jpeg

n8zcc

Reaction score
Interesting I was set on buying a Blackvue in the next week or so but this fills that hesitation I had on dashcam sticking out like a sore thumb.

Edit: lack of parking mode may be a deal killer
I've got the BlackVue front/rear camera set up. The front camera, because of its size, tucks up nicely just below the rearview mirror covering.

The first thing on a dashcam checklist is the recording quality of night/day and windshield reflection isues. After all, the purpose of a dashcam is to capture clear video. What I like about the BlackVue (I have the DR750) is they make available an adjustable circular polarizer filter for the front camera. It works very well, removes windshield reflections, does what a polarized filter does, and does not affect night recording quality.

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also have the model "A", now I have to look to see if it is long or short? Jeesh, it's like 10 deg out so I will wait.
If you keep after them could you let me know when it is ready? Please?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I like that I was contemplating getting a dash cam but I do not like how they are just out there like a sore thumb so I've been hesitant about buying one. I like this one though
Depending on which one you get and where you mount it's they don't all stick out like a sore thumb. Due to my tinted windshield, you can barely see mine from the outside, and since I have it tucked up behind the mirror, it's not a distraction from inside either.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Depending on which one you get and where you mount it's they don't all stick out like a sore thumb. Due to my tinted windshield, you can barely see mine from the outside, and since I have it tucked up behind the mirror, it's not a distraction from inside either.
That's fine but I like the fact that this fitcamx camera is molded into the cover and would essentially be plug and play

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh... I like this. Been looking for something

not so sore thumbish. Not with my truck though and thinking that pod behind the mirror was huge with all the sensors.

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
Will be ordering once i see how my mirror looks when it arrives. Love the stock look

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's fine but I like the fact that this fitcamx camera is molded into the cover and would essentially be plug and play
Yes, it is nice that it's molded into the mirror surround plastic. As for plug and play, there are already USB adapters available for our trucks that plug into the same location as this camera. I have one in my truck. Works great, and I didnt have to route any wires down the a-pillars or worry about using any add a circuit fuse taps in the fuse panel.

GMetal

Reaction score
I might be an outlier but I like having a screen. When someone is tailgating me I touch the dashcam button and it lights up. Magically the tailgater backs off.

Loudram

Reaction score
I like having my camera visible as well. When someone is looking for an insurance fraud victim, maybe seeing my camera will help them to pick another target. That and I have my radar detector and E-ZPass visible through my windshield too so it's no big deal to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread