5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another broke TRX!

cervelo15

Reaction score
You guys ever see StreetSpeed717's you tube channel? Posted video series of sending his $90k TRX over a creek.....was kind of sickening to see such a nice truck wasted.....he has some level of notoriety in Central PA, per my friend who's a cop out there.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's all about the revenue they get from the videos. Trash a brand new truck to get thousands of views to make money. Then they move on to another vehicle and do the same thing over and over and over.

cervelo15

Reaction score
It's all about the revenue they get from the videos. Trash a brand new truck to get thousands of views to make money. Then they move on to another vehicle and do the same thing over and over and over.
I'm in the wrong business! All about social influence nowadays

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
I don't understand the negativity these youtube influencers receive. If you don't like, then don't watch. I don't see this guy abusing the truck by any means. It's a TRX, not a Lamborghini. This truck really should have been able to handle what he threw at it. The failure he experienced should not have happened. Is this guy the most knowledgeable vehicle enthusiast on the internet? No. But I don't see him doing anything wrong. I see a guy making a living following his passion.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't understand the negativity these youtube influencers receive. If you don't like, then don't watch. I don't see this guy abusing the truck by any means. It's a TRX, not a Lamborghini. This truck really should have been able to handle what he threw at it. The failure he experienced should not have happened. Is this guy the most knowledgeable vehicle enthusiast on the internet? No. But I don't see him doing anything wrong. I see a guy making a living following his passion.

I agree, all the vids, especially the jump & fire guy only highlight these vehicles and make for interesting viewing.

I also agree this guy didn't look to do anything out of the ordinary during his drive, nothing should have broke the way he was using it. The only mistake he made was driving it after he saw the leak. He should have turned it off and had it towed back to the dealer, not driven.

cervelo15

Reaction score
I agree, all the vids, especially the jump & fire guy only highlight these vehicles and make for interesting viewing.

I also agree this guy didn't look to do anything out of the ordinary during his drive, nothing should have broke the way he was using it. The only mistake he made was driving it after he saw the leak. He should have turned it off and had it towed back to the dealer, not driven.
I can see both sides and didnt want to incite a war of what’s right or wrong. I think I’m coming from the perspective of working hard to buy something nice and keeping it nice. I’m sure it’s the OCD coming out in me, but take great pride in keeping a clean, well-functioning fleet of vehicles and bikes.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I can see both sides and didnt want to incite a war of what’s right or wrong. I think I’m coming from the perspective of working hard to buy something nice and keeping it nice. I’m sure it’s the OCD coming out in me, but take great pride in keeping a clean, well-functioning fleet of vehicles and bikes.

Absolutely, I'm the same way with my stuff. There are guys on Youtube who are exactly that way as well, but then you got Street Speed 717 who clearly is not. Him torturing one TRX doesn't bother me since it isn't limited production and RAM tortured many many trucks during testing, what's one more from just one guy.

There isn't anyone else doing what he does. As for this guy with the tranny issue, he was doing exactly what RAM expects owners to do, if he called a flat bad instead of driving it to the dealer, he would have been 100% in the right. Either way, his truck definitely had an issue that RAM needs to check on in regards to others in production, either a weak hose or assembly issue.

Nukegm426

Reaction score

He alludes to driving it much rougher before they started filming... complains about how heavy the front end is and how people knew what happened earlier. I think he probably did something stupid and didn’t release the video.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
He alludes to driving it much rougher before they started filming... complains about how heavy the front end is and how people knew what happened earlier. I think he probably did something stupid and didn’t release the video.

That certainly could be true, maybe during his other escapes he did something that caused the lines to get loose or damaged.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
when i clicked the linked and saw it was him i rolled my eyes.

ugh i really dislike his channel. he always titles his videos (why you should get x over y) but never addresses it in the video. he just borrows trucks from a dealer and walks you through the features. if you listen to his other videos it's clear he is not knowledgeable and it just frustrates me.
Agreed!
... he posts a video titled, "I had to sell My Raptor because I Couldn't Afford it Anymore" followed by the next video uploads , " I just ruined my New ($80,000.00) TRX)...
DUH

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
We are all currently helping him to achieve his goal. We are discussing his channel and driving his viewership creating curiosity. Some will like his content, some won't. Either way, he is accumulating Likes, Subscribers, and Comments which are essential to a successful channel.

Last edited:

Charger68

Reaction score
Lets see, driving a truck with what amounts to low tranny fluid (rest was on the trail in the desert). Doesn't know what or where fluid came from, duh get up under there and have a look. Tows truck with tranny in neutral, those trucks have a neutral on the transfer case. Wonders why tranny fails, priceless, back to the ferd with ya sonny boy

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
We are all currently helping him to achieve his goal. We are discussing his channel and driving his viewership creating curiosity. Some will like his content, some won't. Either way, he is accumulating Likes, Subscribers, and Comments which are essential to a successful channel.
Don’t forget it also makes him money for each viewer. This is why they’re so many STUPID people making videos on YouTube. Go unsubscribe and watch his channel disappear.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is the hood scoop functional? if so, he sucked a lung full of water when it went over the hood when he went in. OOOOPS!!!!!!

Yup, the hood scoop is functional on the TRX. Not sure if they have any of that hydro-guide action like the Wrangler 392, that supposedly lets water out of the hood intake before it gets sucked in. Probably not, and you're probably right.

Users who are viewing this thread