5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another broke TRX!

Nukegm426

Reaction score
Titles the video as first time off road then admits they’ve had it offroad a few times... then mentions that they damaged it at some point “because of the heavy front end”. Oh and doesn’t know how to use the manual paddles properly but is playing with them anyway.

Mate514

Reaction score
The truck is suppose to be a tank....broke on a trail a Rav4 could go.....

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
when i clicked the linked and saw it was him i rolled my eyes.

ugh i really dislike his channel. he always titles his videos (why you should get x over y) but never addresses it in the video. he just borrows trucks from a dealer and walks you through the features. if you listen to his other videos it's clear he is not knowledgeable and it just frustrates me.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm reminded of that scene in Billy Madison - “Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.” Seems like another entitled kid who knows nothing about the truck and just makes annoying videos that don't even educate.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Never heard of his channel before, first watch, don't really like his style and agreed, lack of knowledge - sure he can give you a layman's 'impressions' but nothing new or useful.

and yeah he's an idiot with the paddles. there's no 'memorizing' gear shift points, you either feel it and know, or you're an amateur.

I'm surprised there's not a "raptorsofinsta paid promotion" tag somewhere in the corner of this for how often he pitched 'better own a raptor har har!'

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
TOOL BAG!!!!.......not a fan of him. Not sure I would be limping it back to the dealer on the highway or at all with transmission issues.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
From what I know, you really can't hurt the truck by how you use the paddles, the transmission will override a paddle request that is too low or high an rpm to prevent any damage. The engine management also adjust power delivery depending on how the suspension is adjusting to the terrain to prevent driveline damage.

He really couldn't break the truck regardless of how he drove it unless he drove it into a tree. From what I saw, it was a rather mild drive out in the open.

Vaughn

Reaction score
His style or lack of style really annoys me. Even though its Ram content I probably wont watch much.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Updated video on what broke:

Tranny failure...But yet he drove the truck to the dealership.

Mate514

Reaction score
Yeah, pretty stupid of him, dealer could have void the warranty by looking at the video.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Yeah, pretty stupid of him, dealer could have void the warranty by looking at the video.
In what way? I didn't see him do anything that would void a warranty on that truck. Maybe in the 2nd video, I haven't watched it yet.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From what I know, you really can't hurt the truck by how you use the paddles, the transmission will override a paddle request that is too low or high an rpm to prevent any damage. The engine management also adjust power delivery depending on how the suspension is adjusting to the terrain to prevent driveline damage.

He really couldn't break the truck regardless of how he drove it unless he drove it into a tree. From what I saw, it was a rather mild drive out in the open.
think your right.it all boil down to .it "faulty".no matter what he would have done(IMHO)

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Driving the truck on highway speed with a faulty transmission instead of getting it towed.

Oh gotcha, I missed that part, I though he did something before that happened. Yeah, he should have had AAA flat bed it to the dealer or road side from RAM, would have cost him nothing.

Driving it while going bad could hurt him on the warranty depending on what it is.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On the new video he posted tonight they had a RAM rep onsite that morning that fully looked over everything on the truck to figure out WTH happened. My guess is because he has close to 100k subscribers they want to make it right so they keep in the good light.

Caballonegro

Reaction score
On the new video he posted tonight they had a RAM rep onsite that morning that fully looked over everything on the truck to figure out WTH happened. My guess is because he has close to 100k subscribers they want to make it right so they keep in the good light.
Maybe we should get him to complain about the AC...

that’s probably the only way they will do something.
Get him to complain!

Users who are viewing this thread