5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another BodyArmor 4x4 Ambush series bumper on BTS

ABEZ20K

Reaction score
Hi. Just wanted to show off my new off-road bumper setup. I was looking for something reasonably priced and that still looked good. I considered the ADD stealth but found it hard to justify $2200+ when this similarly styled bumper was going for around $700. So I went with the BA4x4 ambush. It accepted the parking sensors and had D ring clevis mounts for shackles since I'd loose the tow hooks. Only thing I'm missing out on is the skid plate and winch ready/capability. I figured I could fab up a skid plate And there seems to be space for a winch in there. The bumper accepts cube LEDs and a light bar so I went with Baja designs for the ditch lights and fogs. The light bar isn't anything special just a blacked out unique looking bar.
The truck is a 2020 BTS in ceramic gray on a 6" lift with 37s.
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 20210111_160627.jpg
    20210111_160627.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 371
  • 20210111_160647.jpg
    20210111_160647.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 350
  • 20210111_160701.jpg
    20210111_160701.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 337
  • 20210111_160547.jpg
    20210111_160547.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 355

ABEZ20K

Reaction score
it wont take the original LED fog lights. The OEM housing is part of the fog lights. there are mounting points in the bumper for cubes

AUPatrick

Reaction score
Hi. Just wanted to show off my new off-road bumper setup. I was looking for something reasonably priced and that still looked good. I considered the ADD stealth but found it hard to justify $2200+ when this similarly styled bumper was going for around $700. So I went with the BA4x4 ambush. It accepted the parking sensors and had D ring clevis mounts for shackles since I'd loose the tow hooks. Only thing I'm missing out on is the skid plate and winch ready/capability. I figured I could fab up a skid plate And there seems to be space for a winch in there. The bumper accepts cube LEDs and a light bar so I went with Baja designs for the ditch lights and fogs. The light bar isn't anything special just a blacked out unique looking bar.
Thanks for looking.
That's the exact bumper that I plan on installing. How hard was the install? Was there any issue in getting the parking sensors set up correctly?

ABEZ20K

Reaction score
That's the exact bumper that I plan on installing. How hard was the install? Was there any issue in getting the parking sensors set up correctly?
Absolutely no issues installing. Once I had the small parts sorted the instructions are pretty clear on what goes where. the parking sensors were easy. I was really worried about installing them exactly the same as they came out of the old bumper and I had no problems reinstalling them as they seem to go into the new bumper one way. I had no issues getting the bumper on. It was one of the easiest installs I've ever done

luis12rs

Reaction score
Thanks for looking.
Awesome truck! were you ever able to find a skid plate for it?

jrb2806

Reaction score
did you remove the AAD? any issues? I just put this bumper on and plan on pulling the AAD but didn't want codes or issues

jcourtroul

Reaction score
I know this is an older thread but was wondering if you where able to find a suitable skid plate for the ambush bumper?

Users who are viewing this thread