5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Annoying Uconnect Glitches

RIC3BOY

Reaction score
Starting to think the same thing. I’ve been having audio cutting in/out issues with mine, and no one (FCA, dealer, us on the forum) have been able to figure it out.

Users on the JL Wrangler forum have the same issue as I do, and one member said after deleting all paired phones and pulling the radio fuse to reset power, his issues went away. After 2-3 weeks of being issue free, he connected his phone (iPhone) and his issues reappeared.

I’ve done the same thing (delete phones, then pulled the negative terminal on the battery for 2 minutes). We’ll see how this goes. I’ve been experiencing my issues nearly everyday.

Rpezz19

Reaction score
Starting to think the same thing. I’ve been having audio cutting in/out issues with mine, and no one (FCA, dealer, us on the forum) have been able to figure it out.

Users on the JL Wrangler forum have the same issue as I do, and one member said after deleting all paired phones and pulling the radio fuse to reset power, his issues went away. After 2-3 weeks of being issue free, he connected his phone (iPhone) and his issues reappeared.

I’ve done the same thing (delete phones, then pulled the negative terminal on the battery for 2 minutes). We’ll see how this goes. I’ve been experiencing my issues nearly everyday.

Pretty frustrating for sure With my Ram I don’t have audio cut out problem. My problem is when my IPhone is connected through Bluetooth or CarPlay when I receive a phone call for the first time connected everything is working until you end the call I get a loud popping sound. And after that 1st phone call if someone calls me again I can pick it up and I can hear them however they can’t hear me and when you end the call you get that loud popping sound.

RIC3BOY

Reaction score
Pretty frustrating for sure With my Ram I don’t have audio cut out problem. My problem is when my IPhone is connected through Bluetooth or CarPlay when I receive a phone call for the first time connected everything is working until you end the call I get a loud popping sound. And after that 1st phone call if someone calls me again I can pick it up and I can hear them however they can’t hear me and when you end the call you get that loud popping sound.

Have you checked the TSB section? I remember reading one of the TSBs that resolves "popping / booming noises" after a phone call.

MilanK

Reaction score
Have you checked the TSB section? I remember reading one of the TSBs that resolves "popping / booming noises" after a phone call.
Do you mind sharing that post, trying to find but no luck?
I have the same isuse as Rpezz19, got myself a airpods and disconect the phone

RIC3BOY

Reaction score

Rpezz19

Reaction score
Do you mind sharing that post, trying to find but no luck?
I have the same isuse as Rpezz19, got myself a airpods and disconect the phone

Hey MilanK my tuck is still at the dealership however I noticed that apple released an update for the iPhone’s IOS 12.1.3 and in the release notes they mention fixing a disconnect on certain CarPlay systems. I have the IPhone XS Max I have updated my phone however can’t test it due to being at the dealership ship. Let me know if you have updated your phone and tested it.

afulki

Reaction score
Hey MilanK my tuck is still at the dealership however I noticed that apple released an update for the iPhone’s IOS 12.1.3 and in the release notes they mention fixing a disconnect on certain CarPlay systems. I have the IPhone XS Max I have updated my phone however can’t test it due to being at the dealership ship. Let me know if you have updated your phone and tested it.

I updated my phone, and it's working with CarPlay (iPhone 8+), it was only working intermittently up to this point and I can't honestly say this cured it, but 3 times out of 3 connections it has worked ... fingers crossed this was the cure!

Rpezz19

Reaction score
I updated my phone, and it's working with CarPlay (iPhone 8+), it was only working intermittently up to this point and I can't honestly say this cured it, but 3 times out of 3 connections it has worked ... fingers crossed this was the cure!

How about making and receiving phones call while using CarPlay or Bluetooth? Or has this always worked for you?

MilanK

Reaction score
How about making and receiving phones call while using CarPlay or Bluetooth? Or has this always worked for you?
I will try tomorrow, got the update but mine phone is disconnected all the time.
WIill let you know. Thanks for update

afulki

Reaction score

No issues with BT, always connected and calls worked fine.

Carplay has been more hit than miss since I updated to 12.1.3 iOS, but still not 100% reliable. Even though I have the "No Auto Play," set, it still switches away from XM to CarPlay when the phone connects, and I've seen it randomly switch to Media. I wish it would stay at whatever source I'm currently using until I tell it otherwise!

Rpezz19

Reaction score
I will try tomorrow, got the update but mine phone is disconnected all the time.
WIill let you know. Thanks for update

I can finally say that the IOS update Fixed the problem you and I were having. I have tested it with CarPlay and Bluetooth multiple times making phone calls and receiving phone calls with no issues and no loud popping sound prior and after a phone call I hope it works for you!

MilanK

Reaction score
I can finally say that the IOS update Fixed the problem you and I were having. I have tested it with CarPlay and Bluetooth multiple times making phone calls and receiving phone calls with no issues and no loud popping sound prior and after a phone call I hope it works for you!
Damn!
Mine still makes the same popping sound! Tried using Bluetooth and than with Carplay same issue. Will try tomorrow again! Was really hopping that will fix it
Iam still using iphone 7 T mobile

Rpezz19

Reaction score
****!
Mine still makes the same popping sound! Tried using Bluetooth and than with Carplay same issue. Will try tomorrow again! Was really hopping that will fix it
Iam still using iphone 7 T mobile

Sorry to hear that MilanK I will keep testing it but so far no problem. However I did get a popping sound when I went to listen to a text message when connected with Bluetooth but the popping sound want not as bad like it was when ending a phone call. I’ll definitely keep up posted if the problem comes back. I only get to drive my Ram only a couple times during the week 90 % of my time I am in my company work van 2014 Ram Promaster 1500.

Kungfubhuda

Reaction score
A little reassuring/troubling to see others are having some of the same issues. Anyone else seeing these? Have any solutions?

- (Very Frequent) Radio signal is very weak when I start the vehicle. Temporarily fixed by switching from AM back to FM.
- (Frequent) Starting audio source is not where I left it. Sometimes it resumes from the radio, sometimes it resumes from the Bluetooth connected phone, sometimes it's the USB drive.
- (Frequent) Audio continuously restarts on first track on USB drive after ~5 seconds. Need to change the source to stop the issue.
- (Very Frequent) USB drive audio doesn't resume from the last song I left it on. Instead starts with the first track on the drive (which is pretty annoying).
- (Very Frequent) Audio doesn't return to driver's side front speaker after using Android Auto/ Google Maps. The navigation voice temporarily uses that speaker, then it remains off, even after the phone is disconnected.
- (Every Time) - Audio makes garbled noises while the auto seat adjustments are in use (not a big deal, but interesting)
- (Occasional) UConnect system randomly restarts within the first couple minutes of driving
- (Once) Volume couldn't be adjusted up or down. Tried turning on/off the radio, difference sources, etc. Finally had to shut off the truck

The dealer said there isn't an update available yet, and the UConnect site says I'm up to date.

The strange thing is that my wife's 2014 Cherokee has UConnect and the system has been generally flawless. How did so many things break 5 years later?

MilanK

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that MilanK I will keep testing it but so far no problem. However I did get a popping sound when I went to listen to a text message when connected with Bluetooth but the popping sound want not as bad like it was when ending a phone call. I’ll definitely keep up posted if the problem comes back. I only get to drive my Ram only a couple times during the week 90 % of my time I am in my company work van 2014 Ram Promaster 1500.
Thanks for update!
I will post of something changes.
Btw, friend of mine get 2018 Ram 2500, has a same system Uconnect, i conect to his car and no problem, he tried conecting his phone on mine and same problem. Crazy

MilanK

Reaction score
A little reassuring/troubling to see others are having some of the same issues. Anyone else seeing these? Have any solutions?

- (Very Frequent) Radio signal is very weak when I start the vehicle. Temporarily fixed by switching from AM back to FM.
- (Frequent) Starting audio source is not where I left it. Sometimes it resumes from the radio, sometimes it resumes from the Bluetooth connected phone, sometimes it's the USB drive.
- (Frequent) Audio continuously restarts on first track on USB drive after ~5 seconds. Need to change the source to stop the issue.
- (Very Frequent) USB drive audio doesn't resume from the last song I left it on. Instead starts with the first track on the drive (which is pretty annoying).
- (Very Frequent) Audio doesn't return to driver's side front speaker after using Android Auto/ Google Maps. The navigation voice temporarily uses that speaker, then it remains off, even after the phone is disconnected.
- (Every Time) - Audio makes garbled noises while the auto seat adjustments are in use (not a big deal, but interesting)
- (Occasional) UConnect system randomly restarts within the first couple minutes of driving
- (Once) Volume couldn't be adjusted up or down. Tried turning on/off the radio, difference sources, etc. Finally had to shut off the truck

The dealer said there isn't an update available yet, and the UConnect site says I'm up to date.

The strange thing is that my wife's 2014 Cherokee has UConnect and the system has been generally flawless. How did so many things break 5 years later?
I had issue with USB as well, mine biggest problem is not being able to use phone over the Uconnect.
They update my radio which fixed resuming from last song

Rpezz19

Reaction score
Thanks for update!
I will post of something changes.
Btw, friend of mine get 2018 Ram 2500, has a same system Uconnect, i conect to his car and no problem, he tried conecting his phone on mine and same problem. Crazy
That’s pretty strange I’m guessing he has an iPhone? My other vehicle is a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee high altitude and I have no issues with that one. Hopefully the IOS updated fixes this for you.

Rpezz19

Reaction score
I had issue with USB as well, mine biggest problem is not being able to use phone over the Uconnect.
Well unfortunately the problem is not fixed with the IOS update. Going back to the dealership.

Mike67

Reaction score
Wife has a Samsung and the day we were driving home (2/4 Monday), we were talking since we were in 2 cars, and it disconnected the phone about 20 times on the 30 minute ride home.
Its not doing it as much now, but it is annoying.

Kungfubhuda

Reaction score
On the one hand, I'm optimistic hearing that some of you have found an update that resolved some of these issues. On the other, why does my VIN show up as up to date?

I work in software, so maybe my expectations are high, but when all of your users are on controlled hardware and software, it's not that difficult to eliminate major bugs... or at least for all users to experience the same issues.

Users who are viewing this thread