5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Annoyed by BLASTING RADIO ON START UP

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys, I love the 5th Gen Rebel!
Thusfar everything mechanical has been great.
Seems to be missing the bed extender grommets but I'm not tooo mad about it.

Question: Any way to disable the radio coming on at start up?
Or to bring a default volume to half of what it is?

I thought I could ignore it until last night I ran to my truck in a rainstorm, it was at triple volume on a commercial, screen went black, volume was on and I couldn't press any buttons, not to turn it off, volume down, nothing.

Anyone figure out a work around?

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue... the volume comes on to what I set to last time I was in the truck.
Do you have memory seats and do you have a setting saved on them?

The NAV volume on the other hand always defaults to 15...

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue... the volume comes on to what I set to last time I was in the truck.
Do you have memory seats and do you have a setting saved on them?

The NAV volume on the other hand always defaults to 15...

https://www.torquenews.com/3768/2018-ram-1500-owner-frustrated-he-cant-turn-music-totally

Here's what I'm tryin to figure out
What, and how.
I'm fishing through the settings and I can't find anything about disabling radio auto-on or anything?

There might be a difference of using remote start vs hopping into the truck and hitting start.
I hop into the truck after using remote start, and XM satellite radio is on, too loud.
Pretty much always.

Here is what I'm trying to do:
- If I can't lower the default volume by half?
When either using the keyfob or hopping into the truck, I don't want the radio, usb, or CD turning on automatically if possible!

wirekat

Reaction score
2019 Ram 2500 - same radio issue. I stream from my phone and after I turn the off the truck and get back in, the radio start blasting and volume does work for about 5 seconds during the Ram screen startup. Does anyone know if there is a setting I can get to in AlphaOBD?

yellowboy

Reaction score
On miine I mute the radio and when I shut off muted it always comes back on at startup - P.I.T.A. because I have hearing sensitive issues. Only way I know to silence radio is out in in a mode you DON't have like a empty USP or plug.

Users who are viewing this thread