5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Android Auto Wireless Disconnects

Reaction score
Hello,

I purchased a 2023 RAM 1500 Limited in August and ever since purchase I have had major wireless connectivity issues with my Samsung S22+ and the RAM.

When I start the vehicle, it usually takes 30 seconds for it to establish a connection and hold it for a random duration of time (between 1 and 20 minutes). It will then lose connection and a popup will appear which covers the entire screen and reads "No response from phone. Please reconnect or try plugging in via USB."

If I leave the message as is it will go away after a few seconds a re-establish the connection again for a few seconds or a few minutes... And will repeat this processs.

If I plug in my phone, It works the vast majority of the time, but rarely this popup will still happen.

When I spoke to my dealership about issue, they basically told me there was nothing they could do about it and I would have to wait for Google or RAM to update softwares and fix this. I have honestly had a terrible service experience with my first RAM with other issues on my doors that this fell to the back burner while I patiently waited for them to fix those issues.

Does anyone know what the cause is for this and any possible fixes? Or is the tech I spoke to correct that it is dependant on a future software update?

Thanks!

Bigdumps

Reaction score
I experienced this alot with my android phone. Android auto and Uconnect suck. At times it loses wireless connection, when the phone's charging and plugged in android auto works fine, but still rarely disconnects. But if I unplug the charger it will disconnect android auto 50% of the time for a few seconds then reconnect.

So he's not really lying. It will need updates from google and Uconnect.

This past fall. The dealer did a forced update of the Uconnect software. I can find out which version and it's been much improved but not perfect. My stereo also just turns off surround sound on its own periodically. With Amazon music at times I can't use steering wheel controls to skip songs or ads. But switch to standard xm the steering wheel controls work fine. The screen use to just go black as well. They changed the entire head unit in September, as I left the dealer I still had issues, drove back in. He forced some kind of update from his computer and it's been okay since. Again why they wouldn't force any update available to them into your Uconnect is b.s.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My Samsung S23+ has been flawless with UConnect and Android Auto, but I don't use AA very often. My truck just updated from 25.48 to 27.46 and I didn't notice any changes.

Have you tried deleting your phone and then reconnecting it?

Reaction score
I did try deleting and reconnecting the phone. I also tried pairing my wife's S22 Ultra and she had the same issues.

The other thing I have not tried is a factory reset, but I wasn't sure if there were any drawbacks to doing that.

Last edited:

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I did try deleting and reconnecting the phone. I also tried pairing my wife's S22 Ultra and she had the same issues.

The other thing I have not tried is a factory reset, but I wasn't sure if there were any drawbacks to doing that.

The only drawback is having to set everything up again.

Reaction score
Ok, I tried the factory reset and it is still doing the same thing. I have another RAM close by and maybe I will bring it to them. I am wondering if it's a default Bluetooth in my vehicle.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Ok, I tried the factory reset and it is still doing the same thing. I have another RAM close by and maybe I will bring it to them. I am wondering if it's a default Bluetooth in my vehicle.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Android Auto? Force stop the app? Clear the cache?

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had similar issues with my IPhone and found it very sensitive to the location of the IPhone. Unless I place it directly below the radio in the intended cradle, it will fail to connect or randomly disconnect about half of the time. If I leave it in my pocket, it will almost never connect. Even if placing it in the cradle it will sometimes take a minute or more to connect and will occasionally disconnect.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just got a software update this afternoon and now wireless CarPlay will not connect at all. Wired works fine.

Abb0nz

Reaction score
I have a similar problem with my '23. I've tried a S20, S20, S23 and an iPhone 15 (obviously Apple Carplay). All have had random disconnect issues. It'll go for days without an issue but other days it'll disconnect 4 times in an hour. And it's not the phone disconnecting as once I was on a call with my wife and the call didn't disconnect, just the Android Auto.
I have the latest firmware.
It's annoying. add to that the Tom Tom mapping sucks and UConnect 5 is not my favorite...

Users who are viewing this thread