5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amp Research Powersteps for 22?

jchuchla

Reaction score
I was going to order a set of Amp Powersteps for my new '22 Crew Cab 1500 Laramie that's on it's way to the dealer, but when I went to their site, they don't list a model for the '22 1500. Does anyone have these on a 22 yet? Which powerstep model fits it?

Rebel2022

Reaction score
I was going to order a set of Amp Powersteps for my new '22 Crew Cab 1500 Laramie that's on it's way to the dealer, but when I went to their site, they don't list a model for the '22 1500. Does anyone have these on a 22 yet? Which powerstep model fits it?
Not really what you are asking but I added the Mopar power steps to my 22 and couldn’t be more happy with them. Also since they are oem i was able to add the controls to the uconnect5 for them. The mopar steps are the same for 21 and 22 according to the dealer.

jchuchla

Reaction score
Do you have experience with the Amp Powersteps as well? Wondering how the mopar steps compare with them. I've had the Amp steps on the last 3 trucks and love them. I've never felt the need to have any controls for them at all.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Do you have experience with the Amp Powersteps as well? Wondering how the mopar steps compare with them. I've had the Amp steps on the last 3 trucks and love them. I've never felt the need to have any controls for them at all.
No experience with the amp steps but after reading pretty much every single post I could find on the subject i decided on mopar mainly for the oem integration and they just look factory because they truly are. Some people posted they were unhappy with how low the amp steps deployed to, again I have no experience first hand but I’ll bet some members here have had both and will chime in.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a set on my 2020, I bought them from a guy who had a 21. It might be one of those situations where they just haven’t updated their website, I don’t think Ram changed anything for 22 regarding the door Computers the Amp steps use but I’d shoot an email just in case.

jchuchla

Reaction score
I got an email back from amp this morning. Really vague. "We won't have anything until after the first of the year" Didn't answer the question I asked.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got an email back from amp this morning. Really vague. "We won't have anything until after the first of the year" Didn't answer the question I asked.
Yeah that’s kinda weird. Someone who might be able to help is Alex from RealTruck. He’s the guy who runs the RealTruck vendor account on these forums, you can verify with him if they’ll fit and he also gives forum special pricing to anyone on here, I’ve saved a bunch of money thanks to him.

jchuchla

Reaction score
Someone who might be able to help is Alex from RealTruck. He’s the guy who runs the RealTruck vendor account on these forums, you can verify with him if they’ll fit and he also gives forum special pricing to anyone on here, I’ve saved a bunch of money thanks to him.
Is it the username "realtruck"? I tried sending him a message yesterday but haven't gotten a reply back.

Realtruck

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Is it the username "realtruck"? I tried sending him a message yesterday but haven't gotten a reply back.
Sorry as we had to go inactive for a bit as I was being pulled between phones and here. But I am back and we have a team dedicated to support the activity in these forums. If you need anything in the future please dont hesitate to reach out!

Users who are viewing this thread