5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amp Research Power Steps found a good deal!

Reaction score
Not sure if this is allowed or not, mods if not just let me know and I wont post competitors prices.

But I have been in the market for some amp research steps and have been searching religiously for a good deal on a set.
Not sure if its an error in their pricing or what, but autoplicity.com has them for $1,192 (in the cart price) shipped with no sales tax which is a big deal for me here in WA at 10%. Almost all online retailers including ebay slap 10% sales tax now.

I went to a local 4wp store and tried to get them to price match, the manager said they do pricematch, but there is no way he could at that price as its below their cost. Plus I would have had to pay tax.
The part number "7624001A". Bought it yesterday, should be arriving tomorrow. Hopefully everything checks out well. They seem like a legit site.

Last edited:

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting. Let us know how you make out. I just put a new fish finder on my boat last week for about the same price so I blew my monthly toy budget already but.....if a deal is a deal, I'll just use my wife's excuse and tell her how much money I'm saving and make the purchase.

Viper67

Reaction score
That’s where I got mine. They were here in two days after I ordered them. I was surprised they got here so fast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Op, has this arrived and what were your thoughts ? Meaning is everything in the box as it’s supposed to be ?

PorBoy

Reaction score
That’s where I got mine. They were here in two days after I ordered them. I was surprised they got here so fast.

Have you installed your’s yet ?

Reaction score
Op, has this arrived and what were your thoughts ? Meaning is everything in the box as it’s supposed to be ?

Yup they were here in two days brand new in the box. Great deal!
I am probably not going to install them for another couple of weeks. I am taking my truck to a buddies shop and we will be installing my RC 3.5" lift kit. I'll do the side steps at the same time.

Viper67

Reaction score
Get the switch bypass. I was like, why would I ever not want them to deploy, etc? Well when I clean it out or unloading groceries, etc. I need to get the AMP switch so I can turn it off so they don’t deploy.

PorBoy

Reaction score
I tried but it seems like that switch is out of stock, unless you have a source that has them ?

Viper67

Reaction score
Amazon and other places have it. I’m trying to figure out if I need just the switch or the controller also. Controller option is over $100 more.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I saw this place after I bought mine, I paid a little more at real truck. Definitely the lowest price I’ve seen, no one should be paying more than like ~1300 for them.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you able to program these steps to the infotainment? Particularly the 12” screen?

Reaction score
Are you able to program these steps to the infotainment? Particularly the 12” screen?
No. You need the mopar steps for that and a dealer flash.

From my research on the forums I went with the amp because it sits more flush, has lights, and seems to be more liked by ram users that have had both. Search the threads and you'll see the pros and cons. Very commonly discussed

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No. You need the mopar steps for that and a dealer flash.

From my research on the forums I went with the amp because it sits more flush, has lights, and seems to be more liked by ram users that have had both. Search the threads and you'll see the pros and cons. Very commonly discussed

Oh well. Guess it’s the Mopar ones.

JasonLMarsh

Reaction score
I think you got the last good deal, Autoplicity shows that part # for $1356.99 now :( and you have to search by part # they show nothing for 2019 Ram 1500

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
Purchased mine thru SVCustoms for $1279

Can't figure out why the drivers side bangs so loud though.

Users who are viewing this thread