5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AMP Research on Rebel

Dres79

Reaction score
So I called a local shop to see availability and was told today AMP for the east coast was shipping the steps for 2019 RAMs. I really wanted to stick to dealership installed steps so I could take advantage of the factory setting of deploying the steps through the radio. I know that AMP will remain deployed if you close the door and continue to step on them, but knowing the option is something that could be added to my options just bugs me.
I have also called 3 dealerships and two said they can’t do it. One said they can do it but not add the option to my truck to deploy through settings. I know a flash update could cure that but rather them not f**k my truck up as it sounds they really don’t know much.

Anywho. Anyone installed them on your Rebel and could you share pics. TIA.

Sholzer

Reaction score
I'm looking to have the same done. The dealer I bought from said it wasn't cost effective and that I should just go aftermarket. Going to call a few of the other dealers around here and see what they can do. Cost of OEM vs AMP is about the same, so it just comes down to install costs. I'd personally rather have the OEM integration vs an OBD plug to control them and will pay a little more for it.

drumexpert

Reaction score
I'm looking to have the same done. The dealer I bought from said it wasn't cost effective and that I should just go aftermarket. Going to call a few of the other dealers around here and see what they can do. Cost of OEM vs AMP is about the same, so it just comes down to install costs. I'd personally rather have the OEM integration vs an OBD plug to control them and will pay a little more for it.

I curious to know what you here back from other dealers. My local dealer can't order the OEM power steps until 2/19. I was told:

The step kit you're looking for (82215287AB) supersedes to a newer number (82215287AC) and is currently in development through Mopar accessories.

They also won't quote me an install price until then, nor can they confirm the installation of the steps will work with the infotainment system. I'm thinking all in, it will probably be around $2,000 (parts and install)

Dres79

Reaction score
So looks like I’ll be going with AMP. Dealers around my way won’t touch it. West Coast has just received orders so looks like east coast will be getting them Monday. My appointment is set up for Tuesday to install.

Tommy R

Reaction score
FYI, 4 Wheel Parts is offering tax free and free install on AMP steps. $1440 installed out the door.....at least here in Texas. Dealer wanted $2k (uninstalled) for the Mopar ones, including some coupon code he supposedly used.

Dres79

Reaction score
FYI, 4 Wheel Parts is offering tax free and free install on AMP steps. $1440 installed out the door.....at least here in Texas. Dealer wanted $2k (uninstalled) for the Mopar ones, including some coupon code he supposedly used.
Damn. That’s a good deal.

Tommy R

Reaction score
Yep, and I took advantage of it. Only bad thing is they're on backorder. 3-6 weeks, minimum 'til they come in.

Dres79

Reaction score
Yep, and I took advantage of it. Only bad thing is they're on backorder. 3-6 weeks, minimum 'til they come in.
I was told today east coast deliveries are set for Monday. 4-6 weeks is if you buy directly from AMP site. Distributors are getting them this week

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s a pretty sweet deal, I paid about that for mine online (including the over ride switch) but no install lol.

Tommy R

Reaction score
So Tuesday I put down a deposit with 4WP for my AMP steps. Yesterday (Wed) I get a call from them. They don't know how it happened, but they had a set of AMP steps for a '19 1500 in their store! I went by today and got them installed. They're pricey, but man, I love these things!

Dres79

Reaction score
So Tuesday I put down a deposit with 4WP for my AMP steps. Yesterday (Wed) I get a call from them. They don't know how it happened, but they had a set of AMP steps for a '19 1500 in their store! I went by today and got them installed. They're pricey, but man, I love these things!
im getting mine Tuesday, can you share any picks, any bend when you step on, can you see them when they are tucked under?

TIA

Tommy R

Reaction score
Sure, here you go! See below... I'm about 225 lbs. and they feel solid as a rock to me. Literally cannot feel any flex in them whatsoever. Also, they deploy very quickly. I don't think I could get in before they're ready for me to step on. So far I'm really pleased with them!
IMG_4140-XL.jpg

IMG_4141-XL.jpg

Dres79

Reaction score
Sure, here you go! See below... I'm about 225 lbs. and they feel solid as a rock to me. Literally cannot feel any flex in them whatsoever. Also, they deploy very quickly. I don't think I could get in before they're ready for me to step on. So far I'm really pleased with them!
IMG_4140-XL.jpg

IMG_4141-XL.jpg
Very nice. Thanks for the share

Rebel Yell

Reaction score
I have been looking at power steps as well. For whatever its worth the OEM power steps can be ordered from Mopar for $1500, but I think you get 15% off. The real trick is with the install. I have found that not all dealers are comfortable doing these but there are some you will do it. I have also seen that the price the dealer charges to install them varies drastically. One dealership told they could do the install including the computer flash for $325 and another has told me $900. Other threads talk about this and it seems their prices differ significantly as well for dealer install of OEM steps. I am still undecided as to go OEM or AMP. I like that the AMP steps have lights, but the OEM has the advantage of integrating into you display controls which is nice.

Tommy R

Reaction score
FWIW, my dealer told me close to $2k....before install.....and with some "discount" he was giving me. I told him the deal 4WP was offering and he said no way he could touch that deal.

drumexpert

Reaction score
FWIW, my dealer told me close to $2k....before install.....and with some "discount" he was giving me. I told him the deal 4WP was offering and he said no way he could touch that deal.

I asked my local dealership the same question about matching the AMP deal, with no luck. I ordered the AMP steps. Now I'm just waiting to get them installed.

Users who are viewing this thread