5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ambient LED Lighting Change

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any guidance on which LEDS to use that would also be a bit brighter?
Without having the PCBs in Hand to find the Size needed and the Current Available.
I can not give you an answer. I have the tools available to me and the experience to change them.
But I didn't get that info at that time. Each color has a different current needed to get the same or
brighter light output.

Malodave

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Wow. $500? Their prices are crazy. In 2021 I purchase the kit for my 2020 Laramie for $199, which I thought was a little steep. Now the same kit for my 2022 is $429. What? I really liked the blue ambient lighting in my 2020 but there is no way I could bring myself to pay $229 more for the same thing at just over a year later. How could costs have increased that much? Mind blown!
Yeah it's a total rip off. No reason to charge someone $500 for a few led boards. I can't support a company that price gouges like this.

Even $200 is expensive but is more closer to sanity.
It's not like these come installed for $500, got a days work ahead of you just to install them yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online