5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amber Colored fog lights

Cjccj4

Reaction score
Hello. I have the premium lighting and I want to upgrade the fog lights. they are the LED fogs but I would like to go with a set of amber colored fogs. Has anyone done this? Not sure what the output of the stock fogs are but I would like more. thanks in advance.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I know I’ve seen it somewhere on here so you might find with a search. But one thing you might want to try which would be cheaper and removable would be some amber tinted film that you could overlay and then easily remove to return to stock.

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
Lasfit makes color changing bulbs (you change the color by cycling the power to them) where one of the colors is 'amber', 4300k. they're the '4-mode' version here:

I picked up the 2-mode ones because I didn't care about amber or the 'sos' thing, and they're extremely bright, very happy with them. A bit pricey is the only real drawback - well, that and you'd have to hit your fog light button 4x to get to 'Amber' from white, which is where they start, i think.

Rogues Gambit

Reaction score
Lasfit makes color changing bulbs (you change the color by cycling the power to them) where one of the colors is 'amber', 4300k. they're the '4-mode' version here:

I picked up the 2-mode ones because I didn't care about amber or the 'sos' thing, and they're extremely bright, very happy with them. A bit pricey is the only real drawback - well, that and you'd have to hit your fog light button 4x to get to 'Amber' from white, which is where they start, i think.

Wish I saw this earlier, but hey, could be worse.

You got pics of it in Amber mode?

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you trying to look like a 1998 Honda civic? Amber fog lights will look ridiculous with the nice white LED headlights

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello. I have the premium lighting and I want to upgrade the fog lights. they are the LED fogs but I would like to go with a set of amber colored fogs. Has anyone done this? Not sure what the output of the stock fogs are but I would like more. thanks in advance.

What you mean by you have premium lighting? 19 RAM have 3 different headlight trim, if you have LED fogs then i don't think you can change it, do you have any bulb inside fog light housing?

Rogues Gambit

Reaction score
I only got the 2-mode, so white or yellow. But i can get a photo of those tonight (aka 4:30 now) if you're interested. Lasfit has some photos on their site of the amber, but they're not very good.

Appreciate it

Guessing the bulbs brighter as well? Shoot... Really wish I didn't just jump, though I can always upgrade it anyway.

Plug and play I assume as well

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
Appreciate it

Guessing the bulbs brighter as well? Shoot... Really wish I didn't just jump, though I can always upgrade it anyway.

Plug and play I assume as well
Yea, they're bright enough that I.. can now understand why Lasfit didn't have great photos. Bit tough to photograph - bright enough that it makes my headlights (upgraded halogens, but not LED or HID) look like flashlights. :)

And yea, straight plug and play, just have to make sure you get the plug in the right way as the lights have a designated pos/neg side. Just fire them up before buttoning the wheel liner back up. Lasfit has a youtube vid showing how to access them, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_4800.jpg
    IMG_4800.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_4801.jpg
    IMG_4801.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 114

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
Wellllllllllllll... one of my fogs is already shot. Cool, cool, cool. I’m sure Lasfit will replace it, just annoying because its 12F degrees this morning, and I am not looking forward to swapping back to stock. Feels bad man. (n)

edit: very solid customer service. Despite it being Sunday, got an almost immediate reply that they're sending me a new pair. Hopefully these ones work out better.

Last edited:

Jakecukich

Reaction score
Yea, they're bright enough that I.. can now understand why Lasfit didn't have great photos. Bit tough to photograph - bright enough that it makes my headlights (upgraded halogens, but not LED or HID) look like flashlights. :)

And yea, straight plug and play, just have to make sure you get the plug in the right way as the lights have a designated pos/neg side. Just fire them up before buttoning the wheel liner back up. Lasfit has a youtube vid showing how to access them, etc.
Do your leds have a slight “flicker” to them? Not like ****ting off and on flicker, but kinda like a twitching if you stare at where they are pointed?

Jakecukich

Reaction score
Nope, no discernible flicker.
Idk what’s wrong with mine.. I’ve tried two different sets and all my lights, headlights and fogs all have a twitch. Worse as more power options are turned on, like heated seats and wheel

Reaction score
I drive in snow daily in the winter, the ram headlights and fogs are more than capable.
Did you ever wonder why you are blinded by your own lights in real heavy snow or fog? Try amber, you will never switch back. There's a reason that for many years fog lights only came in amber, and it's not because it was a fashionable color. Throwing white light on top of white snow or white fog just doesn't work very well.

Users who are viewing this thread