5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amazon Tires

RedBeard85

Reaction score
Guys,

My local dealer is running a buy 3 get one free deal on tires. However, expected delays could be up to 90 days.

I found the same tire for less $ and fast shipping on Amazon (Falken Wildpeak at III 295/70r18)

I would not normally purchase tires on Amazon (no warranty, who knows what ill get with regard to quality).... but the reviews on Amazon at least look good.

Anyone ever buy tires through Amazon?

Secondary question - what are your thoughts on the Falkens? I have received mixed reviews from a number of people but nobody who has driven them for any amount of time. Ill be 80% road driving and would like to limit road noise, Im sure they will be more than capable of my minor hunting and camping off roading. Nothing too wild.

Thanks!

Nova90

Reaction score
Wow, learn something new every day. I never thought to check for tires on Amazon.

jchuchla

Reaction score
I've got my current set of tires from Amazon. Nothing special. Goodyears I think. If there's no warranty, I didn't realize it. But I've got almost 50k miles on them already and it's been fine.
It was funny though because they came in 4 separate packages over the course of 3 deliveries over two days.

RedBeard85

Reaction score
Wow, learn something new every day. I never thought to check for tires on Amazon.
Me neither! Pleasantly surprised if its not a scam. Im cautious but hopeful. A friend of mine said he had ordered from amazon in the past and everything was fine.

RedBeard85

Reaction score
I've got my current set of tires from Amazon. Nothing special. Goodyears I think. If there's no warranty, I didn't realize it. But I've got almost 50k miles on them already and it's been fine.
It was funny though because they came in 4 separate packages over the course of 3 deliveries over two days.
I assume there would be no warranty since they were not purchased through dealership/discount tire etc.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I havent purchased tires through amazon before but I have heard great things about the falkens. They're solid tires.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, but I would NEVER buy tires through Amazon. Too many potential issues could happen that would far outweigh any savings you may see. Stick with a Discount Tire or equivalent and call it a day.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I purchased Michelin Defenders through Amazon, but wouldn't do it again. There weren't any issues but I'd rather support a local business these days, and as others have said warranty issues would be difficult to resolve

Roddog2220

Reaction score
I purchased Michelin Defenders through Amazon, but wouldn't do it again. There weren't any issues but I'd rather support a local business these days, and as others have said warranty issues would be difficult to resolve
those are great tires, i miss mine

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I bought my tires from Amazon almost two years ago. No issues on my end. They weren’t old stock or anything and I’m not sure about a warranty but haven’t ever used a tire warranty in my life

Users who are viewing this thread