5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amazing leather work quality

EugeneYYZ

Reaction score
Got my limited 2020 with underarm rest lead with scratches on it . Dealer agree to replace for the new one . Ta daaam , what i got :

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2020-08-14 в 16.14.51.png
    Снимок экрана 2020-08-14 в 16.14.51.png
    838.8 KB · Views: 340
  • Снимок экрана 2020-08-14 в 16.14.39.png
    Снимок экрана 2020-08-14 в 16.14.39.png
    993.7 KB · Views: 334

EugeneYYZ

Reaction score
C'mon FCA , is any quality control around ? What the f. is it ? Hand made by kindergarten students ????

Last edited:

EugeneYYZ

Reaction score
I am comparing with previous limited edition , previous had quality leather with beveld leather on cuts .
What happens now ???? Did someone ripped your hands and stich it back to the а** ?? Seriously .

I am pissed off , completely

Last edited:

Sergeant Jim

Reaction score
Thanks for the post I have a 2021 Limited on order. Another area to double check.

EugeneYYZ

Reaction score
Guys with limited models , please post pictures of yours centre console , just to compare , may be i am the beauty queen and want more than others ?????

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my limited 2020 with underarm rest lead with scratches on it . Dealer agree to replace for the new one . Ta daaam , what i got :
My Limited center console lid looked like crap when I got it. The cutout around the Limited logo was very uneven. The dealer replaced it with a new one that looks great.

EugeneYYZ

Reaction score
My Limited center console lid looked like crap when I got it. The cutout around the Limited logo was very uneven. The dealer replaced it with a new one that looks great.
can you post the picture ???

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
can you post the picture ???
I’ll have to see if I have a picture of the original console. The cutout around the logo was very uneven. My dealer is great and didn’t blink an eye when I asked for a new one. The Service Manager is outstanding.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
MJP. I think he meant to post a picture of the replacement lid. He probably wants to show his dealership that a replacement can be better than the one he received.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

That is pretty terrible. Here's a pic of mine. Its not perfect (didn't realize that until you made me look at it, THANKS A LOT :) ), but you don't see the imperfections unless you really look close and are looking for them. Please ignore the dust in the pic, need to clean the truck.

20200815_133128_resized.jpg

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
MJP. I think he meant to post a picture of the replacement lid. He probably wants to show his dealership that a replacement can be better than the one he received.
Ahh. Gotcha. I’ll snap a pic.

STR

Reaction score
There is certainly no consistency w/fit and finish. While I’m happy w/my truck, I leaned a long time ago that you shouldn’t look too close at anything. You’ll definitely find flaws everywhere, and this isn’t exclusive to Ram. All cars have issues. If you’re a perfectionist, then you’ll go crazy. Maybe covering your eyes with a mask is your best bet.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Seeing this makes me feel like I got a (really, really) good one. But it was a Longhorn, and an early one, so maybe the "production doldrums" hadn't hit yet.

Hoping the OP receives/received a "perfect" replacement! When I attempted to have two of my door cards replaced due to (very) minor imperfections at delivery, the replacements were far worse than the originals...so I didn't change a thing.

Beretta226

Reaction score
I just checked my stitching and it is amazing on a post COVID assembled truck 7/22 shipped 7/24, orderd 6/18. Actually the whole truck is without any build quality issues and i have scoured this forum during the order process (6/18) and delivery of my truck. I feel for the issues I read on this forum but I believe RAM owners have a great resource in Ram Owners Group and RAM cares to help in even the smallest of issues. Bring these issues however small or large to this forum and Mopar and Ram cares. Keep in mind Sterling Heights Assembly Plant(SHAP) was made for the 5th gen Ram (according to what my dealer told me) and they have plenty of pride in the product they produce. These are very expensive vehicles so every owner is entitled to complete satisfaction in the truck they bought. What iI can say from my experience with Ram compared to Ford and Chevys i have owned, My Ram experience, going back to my 2010 , has been much better than the other two automakers

Users who are viewing this thread