5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am considering a new Ford Hybrid??

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
my-man-my-man-denzel.gif
1653077798085.gif

U

User_3336

So you want a ford hybrid because your ram is out of warranty and you need an axle, brakes and tires? What are you gonna do when your Ford hybrid needs brakes and tires? Sounds like you are just cheap and should be considering maybe a honda or toyota car.
MORE LIKE . . . . What ya gonna do when your Hybrid needs a new BATTERY out of warranty???

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
MORE LIKE . . . . What ya gonna do when your Hybrid needs a new BATTERY out of warranty???
Without mentioning anything about the current infrastructure or raw materials issues, battery replacement cost is one of the biggest issues for me in any vehicle with a large battery, hybrid electric or full EV.

Noladelmonico

Reaction score
I just came from a 21' 4x4 lariat powerboost to my 22 ram. The truck has all of the power you could want without going TRX, but as others have said the transmission is trash. I felt like it was programing issues, but the truck always wanted to go to battery power to save fuel, and in stop and go traffic when I was on and off the gas it would cause the transmission to clunk. I think it is a different version of the 10 speed just for the powerboost, but going back and forth caused it a lot of problems. As far as gas mileage, over the year I owned it I averaged 21.4 MPG. I only had the 2.4KW generator on mine. I live outside of New Orleans and it was a nice feature to have for hurricane Ida last year. I was able to run my freezer and refrigerator or swap and power a microwave off of the truck. Before purchasing just search the forums for transmission clunk issues, hopefully they are fixing it for 22's and up.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I work at a Ford facility and see all their issues. They couldn't pay me to buy one of their vehicles.

jljbtm

Reaction score
Haha, I knew Id get some "flare ups" from some of you! Like I said "hear me out" or up for discussion.
My previous truck was a 2011 Ram also and honestly it was more of a truck than the 2019 and the reason I bought it was because it came with a longer bed! Every other truck I looked at had the "baby bed" I have 2 4 wheelers and one fits on the bed the other rests on the tgate. I'm not comfortable with 800# on the tgate and Ram wont give any specs on it or at least that I can find, but so far haven't had a problem (those tgate cables look pretty wimpy). Otherwise the limited is loaded with every button or safety device you can think of and I really don't care for all that stuff my 2011 was a nicely equipped Laramie and I liked it better. I'm not loaded but I never buy anything new but rather a year or two old with less than 10,000 miles and my 2011 had 140,000 when i traded her in with no real problems or complaints so I bought another, that was in a good economy so now I'm seeking something with the same numbers ie Capacities but also better mileage. I'm not brand loyal either and certanly would not own a toyota as China gets too much of our money in everything else F---k them. I drove Chevys when I was younger 2500 pick ups and 2 Suburbans Until Obummer screwed that all up. See my picture is still my old Truck and my 2005 Supercharged Magnum it too has about 160,000 miles. I Luv My Hemis. Sooo, I am hesitant about a Hybrid (anything) but that's the way our Government is pushing us, is it not??
Please let me know your thoughts, I'm not afraid to debate anything! Jack

Attachments

• 20180821_111611.jpg
    20180821_111611.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 563.4HP.jpg
    563.4HP.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 14

jljbtm

Reaction score
Oh, not to mention the Bose Stereo in my 2011 was WAY better than the 2019 (what ever they call it) even with the big base speaker under the seat.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gotta say, I agree with much of what you shared, but you lost me at Chinese Toyotas and Bose systems on Rams.

jljbtm

Reaction score
Two seperate comments.
When I have a choice I would not buy something "made in China" no matter how good they say it is and I thought the Bose stereo in my old Ram was much better than the one in my newer Ram

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Two seperate comments.
When I have a choice I would not buy something "made in China" no matter how good they say it is and I thought the Bose stereo in my old Ram was much better than the one in my newer Ram
Wonder how different the Bose they put in the older Ram is from what GM uses. The Alpine system in my Ram sounds much better than any of the three Bose systems in my 08, 15, and 19 GMCs.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
All highs no lows, it’s gotta be Bose!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's weird because the Bose system in my wife's CX-5 sounds pretty good. The Ram's Alpine still sounds better, but for a factory system, Mazda/Bose didn't do too bad with that one.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
whatever you do...make sure you DON'T get the 10 speed...

Not sure about the trucks (not even sure you get an option other than 10 speed now)...but the 10 speed was awesome in the Mustang GTs.

Users who are viewing this thread