5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpine sub swap to HK

jsimon26

Reaction score
I just picked up an OEM HK 10” sub enclosure from someone locally for $50. I was thinking that I could just swap it out from my Alpine 8” one to see if it sounds any better. The problem is, the plugs/wires are different.

The Alpine one is a 5 pin and the HK one is just a 2 pin. Is there any way to swap this in?

Attachments

• IMG_0498.jpeg
    IMG_0498.jpeg
    125.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0496.jpeg
    IMG_0496.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 45

Cesar592

Reaction score
I did it and it's better and in reality they are just occupies +and- I think the 6 leftovers are as if they were the tweeters of the front doors

jsimon26

Reaction score
I did it and it's better and in reality they are just occupies +and- I think the 6 leftovers are as if they were the tweeters of the front doors
So did you just splice the connectors? Do you have any pictures of the wiring?

Cesar592

Reaction score
Yeah, I put it together but I don't have any photos because I already removed it because I made another update and I installed the net audio one, which is good.

jsimon26

Reaction score
Yeah, I put it together but I don't have any photos because I already removed it because I made another update and I installed the net audio one, which is good.
The behind the seat one? I’ve been looking at that, how’s the bass?

Nehal51086

Reaction score
I just installed mine as well, unfurtlay they forgot to add the ANC bypass (which they sent to me right away) but in mean time i had to reinstall the seat for the kids. need to pull it back out to tweek the amp. Where do you have your set at?

Cesar592

Reaction score
I just installed mine as well, unfurtlay they forgot to add the ANC bypass (which they sent to me right away) but in mean time i had to reinstall the seat for the kids. need to pull it back out to tweek the amp. Where do you have your set at?
which one did you install

Users who are viewing this thread