5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpine speaker upgrade ANC question

jd20lar

Reaction score
Also the Metra harness for the doors are 72-6515 for 5th gens. No pin switching. Dash 72-7902.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also the Metra harness for the doors are 72-6515 for 5th gens. No pin switching. Dash 72-7902.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Yes, I used the 7902’s with the Infinity Ref 3-1/2’s in the dash, and 6515’s with my CDT’s in the doors, but I did switch pins in all 4 doors, as advised in a couple other other threads, and they all sound perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drumminj

Reaction score
They barely work in the headliner, It's not too much, You're not going to hear them unless you sit back there and your ear is very close to them.
You need to pull really hard on the covers, right up to the point where you feel like your wrist will rip itself out of your arm. If your joints are good enough, the cover will give first(Hopefully).

Yeah I can't say I noticed anything from the headliner speaker change (we don't ever use the back seat except for storage/hauling), but I just wanted all the speakers to tonally match.

And yes, removing the covers was a bear. I ended up breaking/stripping a few of the clips, as the metal stayed put but the plastic ripped out, or broke off.

Users who are viewing this thread