5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpine speaker upgrade ANC question

Heisrizn

Reaction score
I've swapped the 3.5" dash to infinity with no issues.

The door speakers were just swapped to CDT 2ohm (or so they were purchased as). Front were the HD-69S.2 midwoofers and rear HD-690CFX.2

I now have a strange rumble through them when the Borla Atak is under load shifting 4th-5th. It cuts out as abruptly as it comes on when the engine upshifts and lower rpm around 6th/7th gear.

Last edited:

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Did you verify the polarity is correct?
Which adapter did you use to connect them?

Jason605

Reaction score
Other than the strange rumble are they better than the alpines. I don't see HD-69S.2 listed in their website.

Heisrizn

Reaction score
Which one? What is the Metra number?
They must be out of phase and the polarity wrong.

I'm not veresed in this.

I read somewhere that the driver's side dash from the factory has reversed polarity. Is this intentional or should it match the other speakers?

How is that done with the metra connectors? Is there a way to change the wiring to the pins?

Thx for the help.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
They must be out of phase and the polarity wrong.

I'm not veresed in this.

I read somewhere that the driver's side dash from the factory has reversed polarity. Is this intentional or should it match the other speakers?

How is that done with the metra connectors? Is there a way to change the wiring to the pins?

Thx for the help.
If you used Metra 72-6514 then you need to remove the adapter and switch the wires. it's very easy, you push a tiny flat-head screwdriver through the front of the connector and the pin just pops out...

See attached picture
METRA-72-6514-CHRYSLER-Dod-ge-RADIO-SPEAKER-WIRING-HARNESS-ADAPTER-CONNECTOR-PLUG-2005-2007-Ch...jpg

Heisrizn

Reaction score
If you used Metra 72-6514 then you need to remove the adapter and switch the wires. it's very easy, you push a tiny flat-head screwdriver through the front of the connector and the pin just pops out...

See attached picture
View attachment 102041
Thanks for the help. Should all speakers in the alpine system match or should the driver's dash be opposite like I saw somewhere on here?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Should all speakers in the alpine system match or should the driver's dash be opposite like I saw somewhere on here?
I believe the dash speakers are not using the same polarity but it doesn't matter really... Only the door speakers and sub are being used by the ANC system. Switching the dash speakers polarity will not interfere with the ANC system.

Heisrizn

Reaction score
I believe the dash speakers are not using the same polarity but it doesn't matter really... Only the door speakers and sub are being used by the ANC system. Switching the dash speakers polarity will not interfere with the ANC system.
Thank you!!! I thought only the doors were used. Should I swap pins in the driver dash so all are matched?

Pins swapped in Doors and that fixed it!!

Last edited:

Heisrizn

Reaction score
Other than the strange rumble are they better than the alpines. I don't see HD-69S.2 listed in their website.
Swapped the pins and solved the ANC issue.

Speakers are fantastic!

Jason605

Reaction score
Swapped the pins and solved the ANC issue.

Speakers are fantastic!
Glad you got it figured it out. Can you confirm you have the HD-69S.2 in the fronts. How is the bass? I just need convinced to buy the same speakers.

Heisrizn

Reaction score
Glad you got it figured it out. Can you confirm you have the HD-69S.2 in the fronts. How is the bass? I just need convinced to buy the same speakers.
The speaker part numbers listed above are accurate. I bought them in February. Like you, I don't see these exact midwoofers on their site. I'm guessing these are the CL-69S.2 But the box label is HD-69S.2

The packaging leaves much to be desired and the speakers aren't labeled.

I paid $99 for the 69S.2 midwoofers and $109 for the 690FFX.2 rears plus $20 each set for shipping. No way ANY speaker comes close to these at this price point or twice the $ for that matter.

These are the rear speakers. https://www.cdtaudio.com/coaxials/hd690cfx.php

Ensure you buy the 2ohm sets.

Last edited:

Heisrizn

Reaction score
Front speakers are the CL-69S.2 midwoofers.

CRAIG4FSU

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread