5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpine amp upgrade.

Kennylasvegas

Reaction score
** Newbie**I purchased the DSR1 to replace the factory amp. I’m running kicker Cxa 800.1 for my 2 10” subs. How can I wire the dsr1 for all the door speakers, dash speakers. Which amp? 4 channel? For 9 speakers? Or 6 channel? Has anyone installed the dsr1 with alpine system? Any info would be helpful thanks.

MikeyLikey619

Reaction score
Hey Kenny! You learn anything more on this?
Just got a 2020 5.7 bighorn etorq. Wanting to upgrade my alpine 8 speaker system + sub. Not everything just the front speakers i think and something that allows me to increase the sound. I don’t need more bass. The sound is way too low in my opinion.

i posted a New topic in interiors asking for advice but no one has answered.

Shotta

Reaction score
** Newbie**I purchased the DSR1 to replace the factory amp. I’m running kicker Cxa 800.1 for my 2 10” subs. How can I wire the dsr1 for all the door speakers, dash speakers. Which amp? 4 channel? For 9 speakers? Or 6 channel? Has anyone installed the dsr1 with alpine system? Any info would be helpful thanks.

i hope this video helps you out

I'm currently in the process of using a LC7i.

Kennylasvegas

Reaction score
Hey Kenny! You learn anything more on this?
Just got a 2020 5.7 bighorn etorq. Wanting to upgrade my alpine 8 speaker system + sub. Not everything just the front speakers i think and something that allows me to increase the sound. I don’t need more bass. The sound is way too low in my opinion.

i posted a New topic in interiors asking for advice but no one has answered.
So I replaced everything I went with the dsr1 to replace the factory alpine amp, I ran a 4 channel for the speakers. I just recently swapped all the door speakers, I’m adding another amp to run the subs. Only problem I’m having is that I’m not getting sounds for my front and rear sensors. Still trying to figure it out.

MikeyLikey619

Reaction score
That’s weird man. I’m no audio expert got mine professionally installed. Let me know how it sounds. I was thinking about getting the DSR1 but just got this other harness that changes the signal.

Users who are viewing this thread