5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpine 9.1 - Why bother?

Fidomac

Reaction score
It's a decent start. I think the 5th Gen Alpine is just a bit flat compared to the 4th Gen, IMHO. So I swapped out the front dash corners and it woke up enough for me to be extremely happy. I would also consider myself an amateur audiophile and the corners were the ticket for my ears. Other than that, I have no issue with the Alpine setup.

To answer your question directly, I would say the advantage is having all the logistical work done, Amp, wires to each speaker location, etc. All you have to do is swap whatever drivers don't pass the test.
Do you mind listing what corner speakers you installed and if any connectors were necessary?

bbbeeennnjjjeee

Reaction score
The Alpine system is great for a stock truck but even a budget build with a good amp is going to beat it. I ended up with the Alpine system because I wanted the 12" screen but I'm about to go from the 9.1 to a 4.1 system with component tweeters in headliner and dash locations. That said, I don't know how much I'll miss the ANC yet.

Users who are viewing this thread