5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpharex Headlight Group Buy - Ends 04/30/20!

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
These types of threads are why I didn't buy the Alpharex or Morimoto headlamps for my 4th gen, even though they looked really nice. When there were issues, customer service and warranty were fair to bad, although Morimoto at least seemed better than Alpharex from what I'm reading so far. They'd notify you of when a replacement was available, and send it out, not rely on you to contact them again.

DONZILLA

Reaction score
Finally both of my headlights are working correctly and I love them. The DRL lights are awesome. I am so glad I replace the halogen with LED lights. Did the headlights, fog lights and interior lights it’s like a whole new truck. Thank you AlphaRex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Headlight are sure fire headturners I would love to get entire package too!

galle14

Reaction score
Installing my AlphaRex Pro tomorrow and will be setting up the DRL. Alpharex said to use F38 fuse. Any issue with this since you guys last set this up a few months ago?

Lights Out

Reaction score
yes. i originally tapped F38. remote start wouldn't work . now it is in F59 no problems as of yet.

Skon

Reaction score
The DRL's will come on at 50% power when the headlights are on. (without wiring the DRL's)

If you want the DRL's to be true Daytime Running Lights when the headlights are off, you will need to wire the harness to the battery and the gray wire to the F60 fuse tap.

Leave the UConnect Daytime Running Light option to off or your headlights will be on all the time at half power.

Just got my Alpharex pros installed. Any idea why my Daytime running lights turn off when I turn my headlights on? They work fine when the Headlights are off.

Attachments

• D817ECB6-A906-4AD4-A529-6F761D38A7E7.jpeg
    D817ECB6-A906-4AD4-A529-6F761D38A7E7.jpeg
    223.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 0470D8F7-663C-4D07-8E50-F302B4E50AB6.jpeg
    0470D8F7-663C-4D07-8E50-F302B4E50AB6.jpeg
    221.8 KB · Views: 79

Aykillah

Reaction score
Just got my Alpharex pros installed. Any idea why my Daytime running lights turn off when I turn my headlights on? They work fine when the Headlights are off.
Where did you connect the DRL wire? They should be on just not as bright.

Skon

Reaction score
Where did you connect the DRL wire? They should be on just not as bright.
They are working! I first checked them out in direct sunlight so it was kind of hard to see the dimmed DRLs. The guy who installed mine used a 10 amp fuse in the top port of the fuse tap (F60 fuse). Would switching that to a 20 amp fuse make any difference at all?

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are working! I first checked them out in direct sunlight so it was kind of hard to see the dimmed DRLs. The guy who installed mine used a 10 amp fuse in the top port of the fuse tap (F60 fuse). Would switching that to a 20 amp fuse make any difference at all?
Yes, The inline fuse is a 15 AMP fuse. So having a 15 AMP or 20 AMP fuse at the fuse tap should brighten them up a bit.

However the DRL's do dim when the headlights are on.

shbates1969

Reaction score
Has anyone had the issue of they knew ALPHA REX headlights add to replacing the halogen bulbs With LEDs wanting to flash when you start your truck. Then on the driver headlight it will go completely out on low beam within three seconds of starting the engine. Any suggestions?

shbates1969

Reaction score
I have the ALPHA REX ProSeries projector lights with the T shape DRL. Does anybody know if you can replace the Components that run the DRL or whatever runs the light. Mine has water damage and I’m guessing that’s what it is. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Aykillah

Reaction score
Has any one used HIDs or only LED? It’s been close to a year now and I’m wondering if switching to a good quality HID would be more beneficial. Thoughts?

kkniskern

Reaction score
Looks like it’s gonna have to be F66. I tried all the other suggestions and keep getting issues like the truck not starting and when the truck does start I get multiple error messages like air bag, park sensors, traction control need to be serviced. Thanks for the advice.
Took my truck in for Service for Airbags and Parksense. They cleared it by disconnecting battery for a while, and told me it was fixed. Ive searched high and low to find a cause. Lights worked fine in F38 prior to this, but for some reason started throwing codes. Now I know it was the draw from the fast tap. Anyone else getting "Park Sense Unavailable" and "Service Air Bag System" check this thread!

Users who are viewing this thread