5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Reaction score
MBORO19RAM,

Any idea if changing this to set "Non-Regulated Tire Pressure Information System: Not set" will enable Tire Pressure Modules on a trailer to display along with the truck tire pressures in the center display? Disclaimer, I have a 2020.

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ooo interesting. Is mopar selling accessory tpms sensors for use in a trailer?

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
MBORO19RAM,

Any idea if changing this to set "Non-Regulated Tire Pressure Information System: Not set" will enable Tire Pressure Modules on a trailer to display along with the truck tire pressures in the center display? Disclaimer, I have a 2020.

Don't know sorry.

LincolnSixAlpha

Reaction score
I created a post in another thread regarding the activation of the integrated trailer brake controller, and I have to admit, I'm a bit confused. In the sense that the options that I'm supposed to select, are just not there as they may be for others. Essentially after installing all of the TBM goodies into my 2020 Ram Rebel, I'm not seeing any screens that I'd expect to see. It's my understanding that the process is something of the following. I shared some screenshots as taken from my phone in the google photo's link below if anyone has some suggestions that might be helpful.

Open your AlfaOBD app
Select the type of interface you are using and find your device.
Connect to your (OBD Reader) device
Select RAM from the OEM options
Select Ram 1500 from the 1st dropdown
Select Body Computer from the 2nd dropdown
Select Central Gateway Module from the 3rd dropdown
Select connect
Once connected click on the little car with the hood up and navigate all the way to the bottom of this menu
Select "Car Configuration Change"
In the next menu you will need to make the following changes one at a time. Be sure to validate that the change was made by selecting each option and seeing what it is set at according to AlfaOBD after you set the option. The options you need to change and the values for them are as follows:
ITBM/HWM Integrated Trailer Brake Module: Change to "ENABLED"
Trailer selected CSM: Change to "Yes"
Trailer name CSM: Change to "Yes"
Trailer type CSM: Change to "Yes"

LincolnSixAlpha

Reaction score
Which Body Control are you selecting? Because you have to select the one that says for years 13-17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I selected, from the original instructions as shared:

RAM 1500 (DS/DX)
BODY COMPUTER
CENTRAL GATEWAY MODULE MY2006-12 NON-POWERNET
CAR CONFIGURATION CHANGE

My guess is that I should be selecting MY2016-2017 PowerNet, but again unsure as there's another Body Computer: MY2013-17 PowerNet option as well. And the other dude's comments read like he's wanting you to select Central Gateway Module MY 2016-12 Non-PowerNet.... Confusing...

Dixit

Reaction score
For me I use 13-17 for my Ram 2019. The other ones work but many things will be missing.

The other person who posted (where you got it from) this could’ve had that mode year range.

Try the 13-17 PowerNet

LincolnSixAlpha

Reaction score
That
For me I use 13-17 for my Ram 2019. The other ones work but many things will be missing.

The other person who posted (where you got it from) this could’ve had that mode year range.

Try the 13-17 PowerNet

Thanks, That did the trick. I'm going to post some updated screenshots.

Scott_k

Reaction score
So I am about to attempt to install the Remote Start Kit part# 82215277AC on my 19 Rebel. It only came with 1 key so I figure this will knock out two birds. The two included modules in the kit are also needed for the proximity entry which adds 2 door wiring harnesses, two antenna, two door handles to the ever growing parts list. Oh and I’m throwing the brake controller on as well. Dealer quoted me $150 for EACH addition which is ridiculous. I noticed in the extensive list above, remote start was an option but I didn’t really see anything other than the keyless go and the Police passive entry options. I guess what I’m asking is does anyone have any experience using AlphaOBD to add remote start or proximity entry?

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I am about to attempt to install the Remote Start Kit part# 82215277AC on my 19 Rebel. It only came with 1 key so I figure this will knock out two birds. The two included modules in the kit are also needed for the proximity entry which adds 2 door wiring harnesses, two antenna, two door handles to the ever growing parts list. Oh and I’m throwing the brake controller on as well. Dealer quoted me $150 for EACH addition which is ridiculous. I noticed in the extensive list above, remote start was an option but I didn’t really see anything other than the keyless go and the Police passive entry options. I guess what I’m asking is does anyone have any experience using AlphaOBD to add remote start or proximity entry?
I have tried, as have some other members. Updating the RF Hub is something Alfa can’t do. It’s a rolling pin code with a challenge authentication schema.

Scott_k

Reaction score
Well that’s not what I wanted to hear. I’m going to use the program to install the trailer brake then. At least I’ll get something out of it vs just giving the dealer the $150. I’ll make sure and do a write up if I get this all to work.

saturn298

Reaction score
Well that’s not what I wanted to hear. I’m going to use the program to install the trailer brake then. At least I’ll get something out of it vs just giving the dealer the $150. I’ll make sure and do a write up if I get this all to work.
pretty sure the dealer can give you the code to put into alfa so you can program the key(s)

7amada

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get some of the Tazer “live features” such as rolling down windows with key fob or mirrors fold with engine shut off with the alpha??

very curious :)

saturn298

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get some of the Tazer “live features” such as rolling down windows with key fob or mirrors fold with engine shut off with the alpha??

very curious :)

I don't think anyone has achieved global windows down to work. Not sure what changed from 4th gen to 5th. I still haven't figured out the folding mirrors with engine shut off. But I know there is a way to do it.

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
pretty sure the dealer can give you the code to put into alfa so you can program the key(s)
Dealer codes, expire after 12 hours. And Alfa won’t work regardless. I did this. I worked with Alexi (the Alfa developer / software creator) and he said nope. Can’t get past the secondary RF Hub login. Its a challenge authentication schema.

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't think anyone has achieved global windows down to work. Not sure what changed from 4th gen to 5th. I still haven't figured out the folding mirrors with engine shut off. But I know there is a way to do it.
Have not been able to. These are not working options. Taser accomplishes These these procedures with a 10 bus message insert exploit

saturn298

Reaction score
Dealer codes, expire after 12 hours. And Alfa won’t work regardless. I did this. I worked with Alexi (the Alfa developer / software creator) and he said nope. Can’t get past the secondary RF Hub login. Its a challenge authentication schema.

It worked for the 4th gens.... Not sure why you would wait over 12 hours after you get the code lol. you went and got it for a reason. Here is the write up. https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/page-225

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It worked for the 4th gens.... Not sure why you would wait over 12 hours after you get the code lol. you went and got it for a reason. Here is the write up. https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/page-225
Yes. Did work on 4th gens. The 19s don’t use the same RF Hub. The hub itself is from a different manufacturer with a different security model. It’s 2 logins. One is a rolling pin code. It’s a time based code. They expire. And they are single use. The second login, is a challenge, or a 2 way check. Even if you get valid rolling code, which I did, and you get the first login, Alfa software cannot handle 2nd login challenge. It’s a 2-way key exchange with tech authority. The witech tool does the exchange in the background, so even a mopar tech doesn’t see the actual key exchange or login occur.

Users who are viewing this thread