5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why is it that the AlphaOBD site doesn't list Ram? Obviously, it works: enough of you are proof of that. I must've missed something.

cos4x4

Reaction score
What bypass cable did you use? Did you update the RFH?

I was able to successfully change my 19 power wagon to 40 psi using alpha and a kaodtech bypass. I did not update the RFH and it works fine. I've tested it by dropping the pressure until it trips and reinflating.

You may or may not have to get a PIN and reset the RFH.

View attachment 88735
Thank you for the reply!
I am using the Kaodtech bypass cable. So you can air down to say 42psi without any error?
I heard that the pin for RFH on the MY19 and up is rolling and can't be reset? is that true?

If you don't mind can you walk through the steps that you updated your TPMS? Just to make sure I didn't miss any steps.
Thanks again for the help!

Pompito

Reaction score
Hi there new member here with a couple of alfaobd questions:
- I purchased the OBDLINK MX+
-Purchased infotainment SGW module
- Haven't purchased the alfaobd software yet

1-Can the SGW module be removed after Alfaobd programming?
2-I just want to add cargo cam to use it as a front view cam. Don't see were to activate this.
3-Will also like to play with amber DRL's. Where do I activate this feature?
4-Will also like to activate tailgate ajar and cargo lamp to turn on when I open tailgate. My factory bed lights come on when I open. Where do I program this feature?
5-Is there a list of things I can turn on with alfaobd? will like to play around with this but don't want to mess anything up.
TIA
2020 Rebel Black Appearance, 12" screen, front and rear park sensors, back up cam, etc.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi there new member here with a couple of alfaobd questions:
- I purchased the OBDLINK MX+
-Purchased infotainment SGW module
- Haven't purchased the alfaobd software yet

1-Can the SGW module be removed after Alfaobd programming?
2-I just want to add cargo cam to use it as a front view cam. Don't see were to activate this.
3-Will also like to play with amber DRL's. Where do I activate this feature?
4-Will also like to activate tailgate ajar and cargo lamp to turn on when I open tailgate. My factory bed lights come on when I open. Where do I program this feature?
5-Is there a list of things I can turn on with alfaobd? will like to play around with this but don't want to mess anything up.
TIA
2020 Rebel Black Appearance, 12" screen, front and rear park sensors, back up cam, etc.
1. Yes. You can leave it in or take it out. All the AlfaOBD stuff is passive so no need to leave the SGW installed.

2. I don't know if that's possible and haven't read of anyone doing that yet. I do know that you need a 2021 BCM to use the CHSML camera and digital rear view mirror.

3. I saw someone post earlier that they did that. To turn off the upper and lower white accent strips off on the OEM projector LED lights: CBC Extern Light Calibr: Signature Light Present- NO
I'm not sure what the setting is to activate the amber turn signal as the DRL though.

4. That's been discussed somewhere in the first 35 pages at least once. My feature worked when I got my truck so I haven't paid attention to the settings for that.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FYI for those with 2020's who want to program their speedometer clusters. AlfaOBD doesn't have the ability for us - yet - to program hours but only mileage and VIN. If you want everything done then you can go to www.4thgenmods.com who does it all. Frank has the equipment and does a great job with lightening fast turnaround.

I highly recommend him, have never met the guy personally nor do I get any benefit or compensation for recommending him. I'm just one of many satisfied customers (he also advertises on eBay under the name "4thgenmods" and has 100% positive feedback).

And yes, AlfaOBD is supposed to come out with an update which will permit those of us with AlfaOBD to do this to our clusters but at this point the release date is undetermined.

P.S. I also posted this info on the “other Ram forum” just trying to help my fellow Ram owners out if they need a cluster programmed until AlphaOBD comes out with an update. Well, they deleted my post claiming it violated their policy. Needless to say, I instructed the fools to cancel my account as I won’t be part of a forum that doesn’t help its members disseminate info for the better good. I’ve been on that forum for years...no great loss as this board has been far more helpful for me.

Last edited:

nekit

Reaction score
Anyone know if I can activate Auto hi-Beam on my 2021 Bighorn? I have Lane keep assist already from the factory. Thanks

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know if I can activate Auto hi-Beam on my 2021 Bighorn? I have Lane keep assist already from the factory. Thanks
Try these settings changes-
VehConfig 1: Auto highbeam- YES
2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.: Auto High Beam Module Location- IRCM
CustSetMenu 1: Auto Highbeam CSM Present- YES

nekit

Reaction score
Anyone know of where I can find a guide/instructions on using AlfaOBD on a PC? Most of the online guides are using Android and I'm trying to get up to speed on a PC. I don't own any Android devices, which is why I bought the PC version. Thanks for any help you can give.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know of where I can find a guide/instructions on using AlfaOBD on a PC? Most of the online guides are using Android and I'm trying to get up to speed on a PC. I don't own any Android devices, which is why I bought the PC version. Thanks for any help you can give.
Here’s a good video a member made on the sister HDRams forum. He outlines steps enabling TTPMS with the windows version, but it will be the same process for other settings.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score

It’s fairly similar just uses a different visual layout. Choose your make, model, module and then specific year from the drop downs under “start”. Then once you’re connected go to the active diagnostics tab and use the drop downs to find the setting you’re looking for. Took me a few minutes to get it figured out coming from the android version, but it’s pretty easy once you figure out how to select everything. Biggest difference I found was locating the logs in the program files folder vs uploading directly from the program like the android app does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's from a 4th gen forum but helpful (starts at post #89):

There are some screenshots in the Screenshots section of the website (www.alfaOBD.com) and some info in the Download & Purchase section.

I don't know where it is now but I also downloaded this from their website when I purchased the Windows PC version:

Attachments

• AlfaOBD_Help.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 29

nekit

Reaction score
Anyone know if you can use Alphaobd to enable the Trailer Light Check? I have the factory installed brake controller on my 21’ but didn’t get the full trailering package, that now has trailer light check function. In my BCM log I have:

VehConfig 8, Trailer Light Cycle Present: No
CBC Config I/O Usage, Trailer Light Check Cycles: 19

I would assume change the first to Yes and not sure if I need to do anything with the second?
Thanks

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know if you can use Alphaobd to enable the Trailer Light Check? I have the factory installed brake controller on my 21’ but didn’t get the full trailering package, that now has trailer light check function. In my BCM log I have:

VehConfig 8, Trailer Light Cycle Present: No
CBC Config I/O Usage, Trailer Light Check Cycles: 19

I would assume change the first to Yes and not sure if I need to do anything with the second?
Thanks
Correct, change the first one, leave the second one.

nekit

Reaction score
1. Has anyone got the Global window up or down to work? Turn on Global Window UP: Yes and Global window down: Yes. Doesn't seem to do anything.

2. Tried turning on Mirror Tilt in Reverse CustSetMenu 2 Tilt Mirror: Yes and it showed up on the UConnect, but would let me set it. Then I change Driver and Passenger Mirrors, memory mirrors: yes. Now I can set it in UConnect, but still doesn't work. Do you have to have memory mirrors to use the tilt in revers function?
Thanks All!

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
1. Has anyone got the Global window up or down to work? Turn on Global Window UP: Yes and Global window down: Yes. Doesn't seem to do anything.

2. Tried turning on Mirror Tilt in Reverse CustSetMenu 2 Tilt Mirror: Yes and it showed up on the UConnect, but would let me set it. Then I change Driver and Passenger Mirrors, memory mirrors: yes. Now I can set it in UConnect, but still doesn't work. Do you have to have memory mirrors to use the tilt in revers function?
Thanks All!
Global up has never worked on Ram trucks, and the global down capability was removed on 2019+ Rams.
You need memory mirrors for tilt in reverse to work.

nekit

Reaction score
Global up has never worked on Ram trucks, and the global down capability was removed on 2019+ Rams.
You need memory mirrors for tilt in reverse to work.
Thanks Jimmy. That's what I thought might be the case.

Users who are viewing this thread