5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

doolin64

Reaction score
If I go in for service, do I have to "turn" my truck back to stock? I'm debating on getting the Alphaobd to adjust for my tire size.

2020Big4x4Horn

Reaction score
If I go in for service, do I have to "turn" my truck back to stock? I'm debating on getting the Alphaobd to adjust for my tire size.
May vary dealer to dealer. I would probably just remove the security bypass but leave all your settings.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

No.

Unless they have to reflash the BCM for some reason, all the changes will stick and it's unlikely they would have any reason to check or question any of that.

You need to remove the Infotainment if you're using that.

If using a bypass cable, at a minimum, unplug the cable from the OBD port. If you're taking it for any electrical or weirdness, I'd probably pull the cable from the CAN bus blocks as well but I left mine in for a service visit to check some FCW, etc. weirdness and they never said boo. Doubt they even knew it was plugged into the bus blocks and they even checked all those connections as part of the service.

Rossum

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there's a correction for fuel consumption (MPG) anywhere? Over 3600 miles and 7 fill ups, I've noticed my truck's calculated MPG is off (optimistic) by about 6%. Truck is 100% stock.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine runs high also as I'm sure most do. In my last truck (Ford F-250) we referred to it as the 'lie-o-meter'.

That kind of active calculation requires using the ECM. I don't think that's anything you can find on the BCM. I don't see any possible option for that in the list on the BCM for my truck.

Rossum

Reaction score
Mine runs about 5% optimistic sometimes, so hand calc is about the only wat to get accurate MPG.
OK.. Another brand of vehicles I'm familiar with does have the ability to correct this by tweaking a channel in the Instrument Cluster with a scan tool, and I was hoping FCA might also have a provision for it.

Koolaidman83

Reaction score
Good Evening, New here but looking to add auto high beams to my 2019 Laramie. I have the new mirror just havent installed it yet. I'm looking for the settings that need to be changed in AlfaObd to get these to work. Thanks

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good Evening, New here but looking to add auto high beams to my 2019 Laramie. I have the new mirror just havent installed it yet. I'm looking for the settings that need to be changed in AlfaObd to get these to work. Thanks
VehConfig 1: Auto High Beam- YES
VehConfig 3: Interior Electrochromic Mirror Present- YES
2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat: Auto High Beam Module Location- ECC AHBM
Lin & Misc: Smart Beam Present (AHBM)- YES
CustSetMenu 1: Auto High Beam CSM Present- YES

Koolaidman83

Reaction score
VehConfig 1: Auto High Beam- YES
VehConfig 3: Interior Electrochromic Mirror Present- YES
2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat: Auto High Beam Module Location- ECC AHBM
Lin & Misc: Smart Beam Present (AHBM)- YES
CustSetMenu 1: Auto High Beam CSM Present- YES
Thank you very much!

tswea1

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to change the remote start comfort system “start” temperature? I know it will auto trigger at 40 degrees as a factory default, but I’d prefer it to start at a higher temperature. I couldn’t find any other posts on this, or a obvious setting in AlphaOBD, but seems like something that would be easily done.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to change the remote start comfort system “start” temperature? I know it will auto trigger at 40 degrees as a factory default, but I’d prefer it to start at a higher temperature. I couldn’t find any other posts on this, or a obvious setting in AlphaOBD, but seems like something that would be easily done.

Thanks

That can’t be changed since it’s part of the heated seat module programming.

tswea1

Reaction score
That can’t be changed since it’s part of the heated seat module programming.

Well that’s a bummer, with everything else you can do with AlphaOBD, figured this would be easy but guess not possible. I’ll just tape an ice cube to the exterior thermometer so it reads 32 degrees all the time

Georgf

Reaction score
Anybody know how to get Alpha read SRS system (Airbags)? Tryed it today, can’t connect module.

1500DFW

Reaction score
Anybody know if there’s a way to keep the remote start from shutting itself off when you’re on ‘low fuel’? My low fuel light comes on when I have 1/4 tank left. Leaving the truck running in idle isn’t going to cause it to run out of gas in 10-15 mins.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody know if there’s a way to keep the remote start from shutting itself off when you’re on ‘low fuel’? My low fuel light comes on when I have 1/4 tank left. Leaving the truck running in idle isn’t going to cause it to run out of gas in 10-15 mins.
You can’t change the way remote start behaves, but you can lower the percentage of fuel remaining for when the low fuel light comes on.

1500DFW

Reaction score
You can’t change the way remote start behaves, but you can lower the percentage of fuel remaining for when the low fuel light comes on.

Thanks. You don’t by chance know what setting that is?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. You don’t by chance know what setting that is?
Cluster: Fuel Tank 1 Calibration, LFW
Normally it is set at 8%, and that is the lowest setting. 23% is the highest setting, which sounds like what yours might be set at- if the low fuel light is truly coming on with 1/4 tank left.

obrien

Reaction score
When angry wife calls you from the road asking what did you do to new truck, that she is barely going 50 mph but the display shows 80. And why did you had to **** with it, instead of just pay dealerships to recalibrate it.

Well she has it switched to km/h...

Users who are viewing this thread