5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpha Obd or Taser DT

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score
Correction - they don't change the ECU - it is LOCKED.

They change the BCM and other modules (radio, etc.).

To change the ECU itself - you will have to get yours UNLOCKED - or purchase an unlocked one and swap it in (i'd do the latter, the second the stealership sees an unlocked ECU, they have an excuse to play warranty-voiding games).

The Pulsar (and the like) are "piggyback tuners" - they go INLINE WITH the ECU and modify data coming and going to kind of "fake out" the ECU. They can also be removed and leave no evidence of tampering.

Rick

So if i do decide to purchase the Diablosport intune, i would need the security gateway module bypass if i didnt purchase the unlocked ecm?

Dixit

Reaction score
So if i do decide to purchase the Diablosport intune, i would need the security gateway module bypass if i didnt purchase the unlocked ecm?

Looking at Diablosport site seems to show the Intune comes with a modified PCM which is unlocked. So sounds the same as above. You need the ECU unlocked and they sending one. And don’t see a security bypass included so sounds like you wouldn’t need one

whetrick1

Reaction score
Looking at Diablosport site seems to show the Intune comes with a modified PCM which is unlocked. So sounds the same as above. You need the ECU unlocked and they sending one. And don’t see a security bypass included so sounds like you wouldn’t need one

That's how I'm going to do it. By the unlocked pcm and put it on my truck and get a custom tune and then if I need to take it in for warranty work just swap it out with the oem pcm. It's just as easy as taking off the pulsar. You stl have to disconnect the pcm. And where they are located now make it easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timmy0278

Reaction score
.I have changed fog light drop out and DRL source to Amber lights vs LED.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Do you remember where you found the ability to change the DRL Source? Did is say DRL Source, CBO something else?

Thanks,
Tim

datammwv13

Reaction score
Hope this helps
aae0ba3d67806d1afb288ffa03cebf37.jpg
7b05de9c00fb0734437cca01ef96fad3.jpg
4cd5b5f2333d73e82d486c812d54f70d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hemiguy226

Reaction score
Correction - they don't change the ECU - it is LOCKED.

They change the BCM and other modules (radio, etc.).

To change the ECU itself - you will have to get yours UNLOCKED - or purchase an unlocked one and swap it in (i'd do the latter, the second the stealership sees an unlocked ECU, they have an excuse to play warranty-voiding games).

The Pulsar (and the like) are "piggyback tuners" - they go INLINE WITH the ECU and modify data coming and going to kind of "fake out" the ECU. They can also be removed and leave no evidence of tampering.

Rick
No trace impossible

Gerlach850

Reaction score
That's how I'm going to do it. By the unlocked pcm and put it on my truck and get a custom tune and then if I need to take it in for warranty work just swap it out with the oem pcm. It's just as easy as taking off the pulsar. You stl have to disconnect the pcm. And where they are located now make it easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does anyone know if the Diablosport Trinity and the Alpha Obd or Taser DT are compatible?

Luis1275

Reaction score
This was answered for me elsewhere, but I'll add it here, too. The PIN is not required to alter the BCM. It is required to modify some other things.
I purchased AlfaOBD, the SGW bypass, and the OBD interface, and was able to turn on my trailer brake controller and theft alarm.
Still experimenting...
Do you have the new body style? "DT"

Users who are viewing this thread