5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Almost time to replace the Tires, what to get

Big BLU

Reaction score
Funny how everyone starts throwing out different tires. I have 19000 miles and more than 1/2 tread left. How in the world do our think you need new tires. You said you haven't check, kind of impossible not to notice with a duratrack tire. You must get 8 mpg and shred tires everywhere you go. If that's the case that truck won't last long either. Put same tires back on, they're awesome.

Rogues Gambit

Reaction score
Funny how everyone starts throwing out different tires. I have 19000 miles and more than 1/2 tread left. How in the world do our think you need new tires. You said you haven't check, kind of impossible not to notice with a duratrack tire. You must get 8 mpg and shred tires everywhere you go. If that's the case that truck won't last long either. Put same tires back on, they're awesome.

Again, only going off what I read. As I'm terrible with checking, gonna ask the shop next door to when they install the CAI for me (Garage is too small and there's no room with my sister's crap on the other side for tools atm

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Checking? I mean you just walk out there and look? What am I missing? If you’ve rotated them at all there are probably fine. If you haven’t, fronts are probably about done.

You should rotate any of these ‘aggressive’ tires in the 3-5k range, if you let it run for 10k you will likely get some cupping and uneven wear on the front ones.

Indiana2Texas

Reaction score
I've got the offroad package with 18s. Any idea how much larger I can go without changing the rim? New to 4x4s so apologies ahead of time for lack of lingo understanding

YawnY

Reaction score
I've got the offroad package with 18s. Any idea how much larger I can go without changing the rim? New to 4x4s so apologies ahead of time for lack of lingo understanding
So you're tires aren't worn out, you just want bigger tires? I've seen guys get almost 50,000km out of a set of duratracs.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been thinking the same thing and looked a little while ago. 33's (275/70 R18) on the Rebel look to be a big as you can get without changing rims or adding a spacer... clearance seems to be really tight in the front, not so much with the wheel well but the suspension components. I'm new to 4x4's too, but I've definitely plaid the rim/tire size game in other vehicles. If I'm wrong, I'd love to hear different.

I think ORP tires are 275/65 R18's... right? So you might squeeze a little more in there.

Indiana2Texas

Reaction score
I've been thinking the same thing and looked a little while ago. 33's (275/70 R18) on the Rebel look to be a big as you can get without changing rims or adding a spacer... clearance seems to be really tight in the front, not so much with the wheel well but the suspension components. I'm new to 4x4's too, but I've definitely plaid the rim/tire size game in other vehicles. If I'm wrong, I'd love to hear different.

I think ORP tires are 275/65 R18's... right? So you might squeeze a little more in there.
Spot on with the tire size. Just looking to see if i could squeeze a little larger rubber on the stock rim. Thoughts on size?

Indiana2Texas

Reaction score
So you're tires aren't worn out, you just want bigger tires? I've seen guys get almost 50,000km out of a set of duratracs.
I've gone across country and rackes up over 30k so far. Was hit by an elderly woman in a Prius that out her in the hospital. Glad she's alright now but as I'm getting my truck repaired I've looked into brush guards as well as maybe bigger rubber on my stock 18"s. Thoughts on size? And if you have any thoughts on brush guard I'd like some opinions as well.

Big BLU

Reaction score
Yep pretty worn, but you have time. I have 20,000 on mine and have a lot more than your. Do you do a lot of standing still turning. Tight turning, fast turns? I only ask since they are so soft they wear quicker because they are always bitting the road.

Rogues Gambit

Reaction score
Yep pretty worn, but you have time. I have 20,000 on mine and have a lot more than your. Do you do a lot of standing still turning. Tight turning, fast turns? I only ask since they are so soft they wear quicker because they are always bitting the road.

Let's put it this way, I toss my cars around turns that I can manage and especially with that rsb.

Gotta see what tires you guys recommended again, gonna ask for a new set for Xmas and use a little bit extra for Rims (need to find a good set, Like these so far)

Big BLU

Reaction score
I'm in 4X4 at least a few times a month or every week. These tires are amazing. Street driving I would go the ko2s or less aggressive. I'll be keeping duratracs forever I love them. Christmas is here lol!

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’d recommend nitto, toyo, or cooper over BFG but I agree with the idea, get some kind of all terrain that’s slanted toward street performance vs off-road like the dura tracs

Rogues Gambit

Reaction score
Time to figure out where to get my new tires now, more Mavis or do I have extra to include rims and have a shop do it both at the same time

Indiana2Texas

Reaction score
I'm coming up on 30k and they're still in great shape. Probably will continue with the duratracs once these wear out unless anybody has good feedback on something a little bigger than stock, but doesnt require any trimming.

Users who are viewing this thread