5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Almost time to replace the Tires, what to get

Rogues Gambit

Reaction score
I've read stock Duratec's last 25k basically, and I'm at 21k in 9 months (I drive it everywhere).

I don't exactly need to do new rims and tires (Though maybe I can make it last until Christmas), but wondering what to get if I do replace it, as I remember getting sketched out one night on the turnpike when it was raining and wondering how K02's, Grapplers and the competition compare.

Basically, wanna keep it AT even though I don't off road often enough, but something solid in the Rain and Snow as well (What little we get here in Dirty Jersey).

Thanks in advance

Rogue

R

Rob5589

Two hunting trips; nasty mud, creek crossings, snow, rock, fairly steep hill climbs. I have been very impressed with the factory version of the Falken AT3W. I plan on replacing them with the true Falken version. Great tire, smooth riding, pretty darn quiet.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I purchased a second set of wheels with TPMs from the forum. My original set will be used for the "salt season". The cost of the replacement tires are $185.00/tire not counting other costs. The complete set (tires, rims, TPMs) were equal or less in cost. There have been some good prices for wheels on the forum. Has there been anything of interest and a reasonable distance that would suit your requirements? Of course you need a place to store them the wheels until the tires are finished. Comes close to 9 cu ft per tire.

U

User_21361

25k seems very low for these tires. I would expect 40k-50k. Would you mind sharing where you read this?

If you are at 21k already, you should be able to measure tread depth to estimate your wear.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tires are always interesting, some people will run them way down until they are almost bald and claim they are still “good as new”. 25k seems a little quick, I’d imagine 30-35k before they get a little too worn.

Anyways, the falkens are good and coopers:

Last edited:
R

Rob5589

Tires are always interesting, some people will run them way down until they are almost bald and claim they are still “good as new”. 25k seems a little quick, I’d imagine 30-35k before they get a little too worn.

Love Coopers. Have run them on my Silverado (ATR & ATP) and Sorento. The AT3 XLT looks like a good one as well.

Rogues Gambit

Reaction score
25k seems very low for these tires. I would expect 40k-50k. Would you mind sharing where you read this?

If you are at 21k already, you should be able to measure tread depth to estimate your wear.

Actually haven't checked them yet, and I'll check where I've seen that, though just remember 25k being the magic #

Falken and Cooper, definitely gonna check them both out and see which one I wanna go with

Rogues Gambit

Reaction score
Sort of an unplanned event, I just bought some 35x11 terra grapplers today. Should be on within the next 10 days. Haven’t owned the G2 yet so we shall see how it goes.

Off topic, mods are listed below, but if I wanna do 35's, just slap em on with the stock rims and stuff, or mods first

b1gj0n44

Reaction score
I had the Falken Wildpeaks on my previous truck. It was a 2015 Ram with a 6" lift and the tires were 35's... but they rode so smooth and very minimal noise. The only downside was they were quite a bit heavier of a tire, but also had a deeper tread depth than some of the other AT's. Ill most likely be putting Wildpeaks on my rebel when its time. (hoping thats more than 25k miles down the road!)

RebelsScum

Reaction score
I have the Ridge Grapplers on my Expedition and Wildpeak AT3W's on one of my trucks. Both handle great in wet and icy/snow conditions. The truck with the AT3W's have seen harsher weather on winter hunting trips in Montana without issues. They are quieter and smoother than the RG's and both are 10 ply tires.

Derek_Rebel

Reaction score
I just bought some toyo rt open country in 35s for my truck. Getting lift on this week. I'll let you know how they ride

Users who are viewing this thread