5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Almost a new Ram owner

Kevy

Reaction score
Back in the day I had a Ram Charger...it served it's purpose well enough. Thirty years later I'm going back to a truck. I almost landed on the 2019 Ram 1500 Classic as the 25% discount plus a corporate discount knocked off 21G from MSRP....but then I realized that the things that steered me towards the 2019 Ram were not part of the Classic (hence the larger discount).
I'm now stuck between the Rebel vs Sport. My wife and I love the look of the Rebel but I'm also fairly keen on the Safety package that is not available on the Rebel. I get it, it's more of a "truck" truck. I'm not going to be going off-roading so those features are not important to me. We're in a look vs functionality situation, assuming the function part doesn't price itself out of the window.
Going to test drive them both on Monday.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Good luck. Whichever you choose, I’m sure you will love it. Get (and pay for) the options you really want and will use. Can’t really add the safety stuff down the road. Hoods and flares and badging, no problem. Keep us posted!

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’d love to see a modern version of the Ram Charger! I get to drive one from time to time, on a family hunting lease. It’s the vehicle on which I first started learning off-road driving.

Rebel vs Sport is a tough choice. Let us know which one you pick! ;)

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is a tough call but don't skimp on options. If you are going to own it for a while I would pick the safety features and Tech of the Sport. If you are a less than 5 year until trade in type of owner, the Rebel might be a better choice. Just my 2 cents.

Kevy

Reaction score
Today was the day! Lots of reading and thinking the past days. Although we both loved the look of the Rebel, our intended use does not include any off roading. The night that I nearly bought the 1500 Classic SLT was spent tossing and turning. I basically wasn't happy going for a 25% discount and not having any of the features that are really part of the new 2019.
I priced out a Sport with all the things that I felt I needed or at least strongly wanted. I then compared that to the Laramie...you can see where this is going....

Ended up with a Laramie with the black appearance package. Basically just added a soft tri-fold tonneau cover, tubular sidesteps (ie running boards), tinted front side windows. These things aren't cheap, but I'm happy I chose the features that I wanted.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
What did the soft cover cost installed? Was it from the dealer? Congrats on the new Laramie, you’ll be glad you did that over the classic.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I actually de-optioned the Limited, instead of choosing the level 1 package I saved 4K and stuck with the “standard” Limited. I’d have dropped the 22’s but the dealer wouldnt swap for 20’s and credit me anything. Wife said she wanted the pano or I would have skipped that. I did insist on antislip and no E Torque though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online