5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(Almost) A new 2019 RAM Laramie 4x2 owner - Need buying Advice

chills

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm based on SoCal and my next purchase will be my first truck. I've had SUV's for over 10 years, Jeeps, Range Rovers etc.

So I've been looking hard for a 2019 Laramie with Sport Package, Safety Group, Level 2, eTorque, 33 Gas tank, 12" UC and pano roof as my 'must haves'. I'm finding that too many trucks in my area have the tow package so no 360 surround view. I'm looking hard at a billet silver truck that has all of the above without the 33Gal tank but it does have the Tow mirror package so 360 surround-view. The truck in question is 20% off MSRP so it's pretty good deal.

Is the 360 surround-view safety system worth holding out for another truck? My sense is that this feature and the power mirrors is strong enough to hold out but I'd appreciate any feedback from new owners.

C.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
have any of your prior vehicles had the birds eye view? if you have, then the feature will be missed. i went from a loaded '11 X3 sport with the birds eye view to a '15 Ram Laramie 1500 without. it was not an option in the truck and as big as the thing was i missed the 360 view, especilaly when parking.

i would hold out and get the features you want. heck order the vehicle speced out to your wants and be done with it. you will be happier!

JamMastaJ

Reaction score
You will definitely regret not having the 360 camera in a truck so big, trust me. Wait and find the right one. There are plenty of fish in the sea. Please test drive the truck with camera and without camera when parking in a tight space. The front camera especially comes in handy when you cant tell how much further forward you can pull into a parking space without hitting. This should help you decide on what to get and demonstrate clearly the advantages of the 360 camera.

Last edited:

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It really is personal preference. I have 360 cameras on my other truck and never use them. I only ever use the rear backup camera. But I’m sure others use and love them. The mirrors would be more annoying to me. Even though I hardly fold them, it’s nice to know that when I need to I don’t have to get out and walk around the car. If you had to do that daily, say getting in and out of your garage, that would get old quick. But if you live/work somewhere where that’s never an issue, then who cares. I also don’t like the look of the tow mirrors. Again personal preference. So I think you just need to think about what you like and when you would use/not use, those features. Then go get you a truck!

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So what we are saying is that life without 360 cameras ceased to have existed lol. To me it’s a personal preference, but for those who need them to park have at it. Op if it’s what you want then wait for them. If you need them to be able to park then definitely wait for them. :)

Barqs

Reaction score
I absolutely love the 360 view feature on this truck. I had no idea that it was removed with the tow package, so had I ordered a truck I would have screwed up and picked the tow mirrors over the 360 and been kicking myself for the oversight. But in my case the planets aligned and my rush decision to buy off the lot that day saved me. You have the knowledge up front, so use it wisely!

Users who are viewing this thread