5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Almost a 5th gen owner...

LL247

Reaction score
Just got the call today my local dealer has a truck for me. Unfortunately I had to make compromises for both what the dealer could get and what my goal for the purchase is. To clarify, I currently have an 18 JL Rubicon that I drive daily, and a 16 Ram 2500 Laramie diesel I use to tow trailers for my business (motorcycle shop) as well as use on trips. Business has grown to the point of needing a dedicated shop truck, my 2500 sits for weeks at a time in the driveway...and it ain't cheap on the monthly payments. Add to that it's lifted 6" and on 38" mud tires, the truck is just impractical now. Wife suggested a 19 half ton since we'll never tow anything over 10k lbs and it would drop our monthly payment considerably. Of course I try to start on a budget, then get stuck on a Limited! Well my dealer (largest around) didn't have any Limiteds that I wanted and after a week of calls, no other dealer wants to give one up either. Long story short (which obviously this is not lol) they had a Laramie in my 3rd color choice with my must-haves, panoramic roof, tow package, 12" screen. Also a bonus that the sticker is 8k less than the Limited, makes the wife and bank account happy.

Honestly I'll be sad to see my big diesel go, but a middle aged man has to make adult decisions occasionally. Told the wife though, if I'm trading in a truck that turns heads...this 19 is going to turn heads too so don't get mad when mods start happening!

I'll post pics when I take delivery!

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Laramie is a pretty awesome trim. the 19 Ram takes very well to customization. Plenty here to see how great they look before and after some mods.

Good luck with the truck.

Kidder

Reaction score
You are aware you don't get the surround camera with the tow package, correct?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread