5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

all weather floor mats for crew cab with the in-floor storage bins?

Klink

Reaction score
Part number is HUL-54608
Here's an Amazon link.

My OEM mat was way different since I have a Limited, it has some special carpet\rubber hybrid mat but not as good as coverage. Someone here bought it for like $500 + the $75 it costed me to ship it.
I have had 4 set of Weathertechs before and none of them are as good as these Huskys. The weathertechs never get that "perfect fit" they claim. The husky was perfect though, I didn't have any sections that just "weren't right".
On my Silverado the passenger side front didn't fit properly and would bend forward.
On my Acadia the rear mat holes didn't line up perfectly with the oem clips so it looks like it's bunched up even though it isn't.
They fit fine on my Camaro so I guess that's good.
Thanks so much for posting the pictures. I just ordered me that exact same set for my new longhorn.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Damn I missed where you posted that you used the husky. Thanks for the link. Will order one of those for the rear and if I like that better than the weather tech I’ll just return that one. The front weather take that I have are okay
No problem
Thanks so much for posting the pictures. I just ordered me that exact same set for my new longhorn.
I love mine.
They come with the Husky logo but you can remove it and put googone to get rid of the adhesive. I don't think most people would care though.
Unlike the weathertechs you don't need to lie these out in the sun before installing them either which is nice.

Klink

Reaction score
No problem

I love mine.
They come with the Husky logo but you can remove it and put googone to get rid of the adhesive. I don't think most people would care though.
Unlike the weathertechs you don't need to lie these out in the sun before installing them either which is nice.
That is great to hear. The consensus seems to be that these are of better quality than the WeatherTech mats.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
WeatherTech makes an "HP2" mat that is supposed to be more like the Husky X-act contour, but I believe the Husky still provides at least more sill coverage than the other options - at least it does on the HD trucks.

In the end, I think more owners prefer the Husky mats, so "go with what you know."

P.S. Tuxmats provide significantly more carpet coverage than any other mat, though I don't know details on the truck mats.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is great to hear. The consensus seems to be that these are of better quality than the WeatherTech mats.
I’ve never had WeatherTech up until last year when I bought my ram, the front were fine and same with the rear. I also bought a set for my older Mercedes. My only complaint with them is at the edges, all around, they seem to kind of fold in. Not sure if that’s just how they are or the quality has gone down. They also scratch real easily. When I received my crew cab mat last week, the edges were so severely folded in. Looked like crap when I installed it. Tried folding them over to get the creases out but that didn’t really seem to do much. Also where they sit under the vents that are under the seat, seem to be a little too long. Almost like the measurements when they made the mat were off. Not an extreme big deal but if there are other mats out there that fit a lot better I prefer those.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
P.S. Tuxmats provide significantly more carpet coverage than any other mat, though I don't know details on the truck mats.
I looked at them before getting the Husky.
They didn't offer an equivalent option.
Looks like now they offer a single one that fits a crew cab, but it doesn't say with or without underseat storage.
The pictures show it going up against the underseat storage. Not sure how I feel about that as you would need to keep the underseat storage open all the time.
Looks like it provides better coverage then the Husky on the higher ends of the front seats, not that anyone would get those dirty anyways.
A downside is there is no where for water and snow\ice to go on these. There's no channels to separate liquid and I suspect it would just smear all over.
They do look good though.

There was also another luxury carpet company and they didn't offer anything for the 1500s, I forget the name though.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I looked at them before getting the Husky.
They didn't offer an equivalent option.
Looks like now they offer a single one that fits a crew cab, but it doesn't say with or without underseat storage.
The pictures show it going up against the underseat storage. Not sure how I feel about that as you would need to keep the underseat storage open all the time.
Looks like it provides better coverage then the Husky on the higher ends of the front seats, not that anyone would get those dirty anyways.
A downside is there is no where for water and snow\ice to go on these. There's no channels to separate liquid and I suspect it would just smear all over.
They do look good though.

There was also another luxury carpet company and they didn't offer anything for the 1500s, I forget the name though.

Agree on all points. The lack of ribbing (don't go there) and seemingly smooth texture turned me off.

Very happy with my Husky now going on 2 years. That said, I only have a little over 11k on the truck.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just ordered the rear husky mat, but I also ordered another rear weather tech mat. I will give the weather tech another chance, maybe the first one I got was defective but if not we’ll see how the Husky one is. I will also put them side-by-side to see which one is better overall

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Received another weather tech mat and the husky mat. The Husky mat is more bulkier than the weather tech mat. Only thing I don’t like is they don’t have the clips that hold the mat to the floor like the weather tech. I’m sure it will hold just fine though with the backing that is on there. I do like that they have cut out for the clamps on the in floor storage bins. The new WeatherTech I got was better on the sides but the left rear seems to be I manufactured a little too big, doesn’t sit flush against the seat covers. Gonna play around with both of them tomorrow, see which one I like better

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Received another weather tech mat and the husky mat. The Husky mat is more bulkier than the weather tech mat. Only thing I don’t like is they don’t have the clips that hold the mat to the floor like the weather tech. I’m sure it will hold just fine though with the backing that is on there. I do like that they have cut out for the clamps on the in floor storage bins. The new WeatherTech I got was better on the sides but the left rear seems to be I manufactured a little too big, doesn’t sit flush against the seat covers. Gonna play around with both of them tomorrow, see which one I like better
What clips are you talking about?
There are plastic studs that go into the Husky, they mats don't\cant move when installed.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What clips are you talking about?
There are plastic studs that go into the Husky, they mats don't\cant move when installed.
Clips on the back of the mat for the stock clips that are on the carpet. To connect the mat to. Yeah I know the Huskies have the little studs on the back.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Clips on the back of the mat for the stock clips that are on the carpet. To connect the mat to. Yeah I know the Huskies have the little studs on the back.
I think we have different carpets in our truck or somehting. The husky doesn't have ANYTHING on the back except the regular small spikes.
The carpet in the truck is what has the studs, which go INTO the Husky mats just like OEM.
The front ones "lock in" and the rear just insert to stay in place due to it being so big theres no reason to lock it in as it can't move anyways.

I wonder if you got a bad mat or something missing the hole for the studs.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think we have different carpets in our truck or somehting. The husky doesn't have ANYTHING on the back except the regular small spikes.
The carpet in the truck is what has the studs, which go INTO the Husky mats just like OEM.
The front ones "lock in" and the rear just insert to stay in place due to it being so big theres no reason to lock it in as it can't move anyways.

I wonder if you got a bad mat or something missing the hole for the studs.
When I removed the mats from the box, it was 5:30 in the morning so I didn't have a good look over everything. Today, I went over the mat, and I did see the 2 holes where the studs in the truck fit into. Didn't initially see those. Anyway, ended up installing the husky mat and I liked that better than the weather tech mat. Fit better and was more heavy duty. Will be returning both weather tech mats. Not to say weather tech is bad by any means but for the crew cab, the rear mat has its issues.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The factory weather mats that come with this truck (or if you buy them after the fact) are the best floor mats I've ever had in any vehicle, hands down. I thought I wanted the regular factory mats until I got this truck with these mats 4 years ago. I ordered the factory soft mats right after I got the truck since the all weather came with my package. The front ones have sat in the package ever since, and I only use the rear one to give my dog a little softer seating surface than the rubber mat. These mats set the standard for what every truck should have standard in my opinion. They're so good I refused to give them my driver's one on the recall until they showed me the replacement mat so I could compare it front, back and thickness to the original (same quality, just missing a couple ribs near the gas pedal).

As for covering the storage boxes, it's a great feature. It hides the fact that they're there and keeps the lids from being scratched all to hell, which they would be without the mat because they're hard plastic. If you needed to use those boxes non stop it might be a little hassle but it's never bothered me in the years I've had this truck.

On a side note, the factory cloth ones are some of the cheapest crap mats I have ever seen and are an embarrassment for a $50k+ truck.

Geobound

Reaction score
I went out and bought the WeatherTech ones within hours of getting my truck back in 2019, and I have to say it's been one of my best purchases.

I've included a few pictures of the back only since you seem to be happy with your fronts, but my backs fit great.

I will admit that it can be a bit difficult to get into the box, but since I have Ramboxes I don't store things I need daily in the under seat ones.

What I should do though is get a lock for my under seat ones, so nosy people can't see the things I do hide in there. ;)

Attachments

• WT1.jpg
    WT1.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 41
  • WT2.jpg
    WT2.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 40
  • WT3.jpg
    WT3.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 41

Kemcar

Reaction score
Not to alter the convo, but same companies involved. Anyone tried the Weathertech or Husky bed mats? Plan on getting a spray in but most are so slick and allow items to slide. I like the idea of the slightly cushioned mats to keep heavy items in place.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not to alter the convo, but same companies involved. Anyone tried the Weathertech or Husky bed mats? Plan on getting a spray in but most are so slick and allow items to slide. I like the idea of the slightly cushioned mats to keep heavy items in place.

A spray-in liner is great, but unless you are doing heavy duty stuff inside the bed, a bed mat is even better. Combine both, and you have the perfect open bed solution.

I use the DeeZee bed mat, made to fit DT RAM 1500 beds perfectly. They prevent things from sliding around while also being soft enough not to damage delicate surface item you put in there, like say finished furniture.

Once I started using bed mats, I never had to worry about strapping anything down or covering delicate items I didn't want to get scratched up.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I had a WT bed mat in my last 4th gen. It worked well for my purposes, but if you're looking for a bed mat you should go with the DeeZee that @SD Rebel recommended. I've used both, and the DeeZee seems like it would hold up better. But it really depends on what you use your truck for.

Kemcar

Reaction score
I had a WT bed mat in my last 4th gen. It worked well for my purposes, but if you're looking for a bed mat you should go with the DeeZee that @SD Rebel recommended. I've used both, and the DeeZee seems like it would hold up better. But it really depends on what you use your truck for.
Does the DeeZee mat leave black on anything it touches though? I know my dad has always used a bed mat rubber like (Idk the brand) and it works great and doesn't mess furniture or anything up however touch with your hand and its black. And pulling it out to clean the bed you always walked away with black marks on you.

Users who are viewing this thread