5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

all weather floor mats for crew cab with the in-floor storage bins?

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are there any good all weather floor mats for the crew cabs with in floor storage bins? Just ordered the weather tech rear floor mat and the quality just isn't there but I don't like the fact that they cover the in floor storage bins. I read on another forum that the OEM rubber floor mats have a cutout for them but wanted to verify first. All pictures I see online of all weather floor mats show they cover the in floor storage bins.

Nels

Reaction score
Same. My OEM all weather mats cover the floor bins, and I'm glad they do. 1. Makes them "secret", and 2. If they didn't then all the crap that comes off shoes and dogs wouldn't be staying on the floor mat.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just figured maybe there was a certain floormat out there that had a mold that fit perfectly above the storage bins. I don’t mind the mat laying on top of them but maybe just the quality of the rear weather take Mat maybe the issue

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Your feet go on the storage bins, if the mat didn't cover it then it wouldn't be protecting the floor.
In theory you could get all weathers and do a cut out for a flap.

My huskys can pull back to access it but it's kind of awkward, but so isn't using that storage. It's too short for spray bottles of cleaner so I don't know what else I would store in it.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Send the WeatherTech's back. Their quality has gone downhill.

Husky X-Act Contour or Mopar mats are the top 2

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I use the Husky X-act floor mats
HUL-54608
Fits 2019+ Crew Cab with underseat storage.
Got it for $105 from Realtruck.

Way better then the weathertechs on my last 3 vehicles I have used them on. A slightly softer material fits better.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Send the WeatherTech's back. Their quality has gone downhill.

Husky X-Act Contour or Mopar mats are the top 2
I have their front floor mats in both the truck and my SUV without any issues. The front or not perfect and I did notice a few issues here and there but they do the job. The rear one I had for my quad cab fit perfectly. The one for the crew cab seems to not fit all that great. Seems a little bigger than what it should be. The folding of the edges when I got it out of the box kind of upset me. When I put it in, fit like crap. I’ll reach out to them on Monday see if they can send me another one maybe this one is just messed up. If the next one is the same then I’ll change brands

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your feet go on the storage bins, if the mat didn't cover it then it wouldn't be protecting the floor.
In theory you could get all weathers and do a cut out for a flap.

My huskys can pull back to access it but it's kind of awkward, but so isn't using that storage. It's too short for spray bottles of cleaner so I don't know what else I would store in it.
I know. I don’t have any passengers that ride in my truck. Mostly keep the seats up and put stuff on the floor. Yeah I noticed the bins were a little small but I guess it’s just for small stuff, probably a set of jumper cables maybe.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I know. I don’t have any passengers that ride in my truck. Mostly keep the seats up and put stuff on the floor. Yeah I noticed the bins were a little small but I guess it’s just for small stuff, probably a set of jumper cables maybe.
I'm spoiled I keep jumper cables in my Ramboxes :)

Stupid question if you don't really have passengers why do you care about the rear floor mats and just take them out?
OEM floor mats JUST cover the storage containers and are easy to lift up if i recall. I already sold my OEM to someone else here though.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Mine is a Crew Cab but that is where I keep all my bungee cords and ratchet straps/tie downs, etc.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Stupid question if you don't really have passengers why do you care about the rear floor mats and just take them out?
OEM floor mats JUST cover the storage containers and are easy to lift up if i recall. I already sold my OEM to someone else here though.
I go off roading a lot with my 4-wheeler and have a go cart I take to the track, so a lot of stuff gets put on the floor of the rear.

Gary1243

Reaction score
i have the OEM floor mats and they are much better than I thought they would be. Heavy duty, fit well, and cover the bins. I am like some others here and like the fact that they cover the bins.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
HUL-54608

Way better then the weathertechs on my last 3 vehicles I have used them on. A slightly softer material fits better.
do you have a picture of the rear mat installed? the online picture of the rear mat with under seat storage doesn't look like it matches the floor (could be a stock photo) but just want to see how it fits in the back.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Is that the mopar mat or husky? That fit looks a lot better than the WeatherTech I just bought

HUL-54608

Part number is HUL-54608
Here's an Amazon link.

My OEM mat was way different since I have a Limited, it has some special carpet\rubber hybrid mat but not as good as coverage. Someone here bought it for like $500 + the $75 it costed me to ship it.
I have had 4 set of Weathertechs before and none of them are as good as these Huskys. The weathertechs never get that "perfect fit" they claim. The husky was perfect though, I didn't have any sections that just "weren't right".
On my Silverado the passenger side front didn't fit properly and would bend forward.
On my Acadia the rear mat holes didn't line up perfectly with the oem clips so it looks like it's bunched up even though it isn't.
They fit fine on my Camaro so I guess that's good.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Part number is HUL-54608
Here's an Amazon link.

My OEM mat was way different since I have a Limited, it has some special carpet\rubber hybrid mat but not as good as coverage. Someone here bought it for like $500 + the $75 it costed me to ship it.
I have had 4 set of Weathertechs before and none of them are as good as these Huskys. The weathertechs never get that "perfect fit" they claim. The husky was perfect though, I didn't have any sections that just "weren't right".
On my Silverado the passenger side front didn't fit properly and would bend forward.
On my Acadia the rear mat holes didn't line up perfectly with the oem clips so it looks like it's bunched up even though it isn't.
They fit fine on my Camaro so I guess that's good.
Damn I missed where you posted that you used the husky. Thanks for the link. Will order one of those for the rear and if I like that better than the weather tech I’ll just return that one. The front weather take that I have are okay

Users who are viewing this thread