5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All season floor mat recall???

edgarrian

Reaction score
I have received this odd recall. I guess the mat could interfere with the accelerator. It just sounds stupid and on the recall letter i received it states to take the truck to the dealership so that they can trim parts of the mat to prevent any issue that to date has not happened.

Wondering if anyone here has gotten the letter. The recall was issued for 160,000 trucks.

Thoughts??

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A few of us have seen it yeah...

Reaction score
Same here. If you read some other posts on here, FCA's solution is to literally cut holes in your floor mat (removing some of the ribs that are close to the accelerator). My truck has to go in for service in October, so I asked the dealer if they would just replace the mat with the new version. They said they wouldn't, as FCA does not cover that as part of the recall. So I said they could inspect it but NOT modify it, and I would sign a release if needed. In all fairness to my dealer, the service guy agreed that it was a silly solution to cut holes in a floor mat. Unfortunately FCA disagrees.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So wait they will cut our mats but not replace them with the new versions ?

Reaction score
So wait they will cut our mats but not replace them with the new versions ?
According to my dealer, that is correct. Apparently the only piece FCA covers is the modification. I know some people have had it done and then gone after them for a shoddy fix and demanded a replacement, but I figure as long as I'm careful when installing/reinstalling, I'll take my chances.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's a stupid solution. I paid for floor mats without holes in, they should replace it with an updated version. I thought I saw in another tread they were cutting holes in the floor mats until the updated mats were available.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I paid for a “ whole “ mat and that’s what I expect. I’m not trying to be difficult but considering what these mats costs why should I have to absorb a half A@@ solution !!!!!!!!

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you all remember that "unintended acceleration" mishap with Toyoda Priuses back in the day... it came down to the floor mats.

FCA and RAM are totally law suit phobic, so if there's even a hint of an issue, their issuing a recall.

I'm going in... gonna have an oil change/tire rotation done for the Fall at the same time. If I don't like what they did with the mat, I have a spare without the modification. If it's no big deal... then... it's no big deal. I won't know until I see it for myself.

To me, better get it done now and expect it rather than go in for something else later on, get the truck back, and hear " oh, by the way..."

Reaction score
If you all remember that "unintended acceleration" mishap with Toyoda Priuses back in the day... it came down to the floor mats.

FCA and RAM are totally law suit phobic, so if there's even a hint of an issue, their issuing a recall.

I'm going in... gonna have an oil change/tire rotation done for the Fall at the same time. If I don't like what they did with the mat, I have a spare without the modification. If it's no big deal... then... it's no big deal. I won't know until I see it for myself.

To me, better get it done now and expect it rather than go in for something else later on, get the truck back, and hear " oh, by the way..."
That's exactly why I went in and scheduled the inspect but no modify as part of my service. Thought about ignoring it entirely, but didn't want the dealer to "do me a favour" when I went in and cut the mat apart without asking me.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I received it too and I tossed it in the trash like most of the silly recalls until the truck needs to go in for service. My mats seem fine and I cannot see where it would ever cause an issue. Definitely not having anyone cutting a hole in it. That seems like a ridiculous solution that could cause more issues than it could solve.

Marinevb1986

Reaction score
On another thread in here, Ramcares states that once replacements are available, you will be notified and your defective one will be replaced

edgarrian

Reaction score
Well thats some ******** if they don't just replace the damn floor mat. Makes no sense to drill holes. Id imagine that the floor mats are expensive and that recall is ****. Pretty annoying to purchase a 50k truck only to not have the manfucturer come up with some bs fix. Sad thing is they can get away with this shotty line of work.

Ill have to call my dealer and see what they say. IM not for cutting my **** up. I also really dont understand how you dont check if the floor mat is on your accelerator. Seems like it would be a given. Things that make you say hmmmm

James1414d

Reaction score
I'd like to see some examples of the "fix" :LOL:

I think for me, I'll just make sure my mat is not on top of the gas pedal LOL

HemiRam

Reaction score
I have received this odd recall. I guess the mat could interfere with the accelerator. It just sounds stupid and on the recall letter i received it states to take the truck to the dealership so that they can trim parts of the mat to prevent any issue that to date has not happened.

Wondering if anyone here has gotten the letter. The recall was issued for 160,000 trucks.

Thoughts??
Did this without my knowledge or consent before the notice was even sent to me. Now they say there is no revised mat this is it for the recall. I'm done with all fca products. Turning in my ram and my Cherokee. OH and custome service from fca is just as bad as the dealer. No follow up no email with her email so I could send photos. I'm done. #Ramcares about nothing.
93163ad5b97fd4395476c99429de46a2.jpg
df551128bc40a459de54d64585551ca0.jpg
ab7495b391cebd12c30b305b5de8e285.jpg

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I mean that sucks... but you're going to trade in two vehicles because of floor mats? And/or a poor dealer network that you had to know about before you bought them? There has to be more... right?

Thanks for posting this though. I will not allow them to make that change to my mat. That's pathetic.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Totally ridiculous solution. I get the frustration but getting rid of your FCA products is a little rash. This is what happens when lawyers and frivolous lawsuits make companies do ridiculous things.

ZonaRam44

Reaction score
Before I started my truck today I decided to see if there was an issue with my mat. I pushed the accelerator pedal down all the way with my hand and there is no way it could touch the ridges on the floor mat. Maybe if its put back in incorrectly, but it seems unlikely to me. I have my pedals moved almost all the way down too.

Users who are viewing this thread