5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Fixed Up! Lift, tires, exc.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good to know thanks... the reason I was asking about the height was because I wanted to see if I can still fit through the brush-less car was in my town....Is your gas mileage horrible with the 12.5's?
During the summer with 70/30 mix of rural highway, county roads (70) and in town (30) I was consistently at 16mpg on paper. Winter it is down to around 15 with the 275/65’s.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Another question for you...how far do your tires stick out from the fender flares? I ordered the Bighorn and it doesn't have them so I'm trying to figure if I should go with the +1 or +14 offset..Thanks

16mpg on the 35's not too bad!

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At the top of the flares they stick out just under a half inch. There is a picture showing the side of the truck and how far they stick out at the beginning of this thread. The mpg’s aren’t bad but it is mostly 50-60 mph two lane highway or county roads. That’s about the “sweet” spot for the 3:92 with the 35’s for mileage.(y)

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At the top of the flares they stick out just under a half inch. There is a picture showing the side of the truck and how far they stick out at the beginning of this thread. The mpg’s aren’t bad but it is mostly 50-60 mph two lane highway or county roads. That’s about the “sweet” spot for the 3:92 with the 35’s for mileage.(y)
Cool so if I go with the +14 offset without the flares they should stick out similarly right?

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With the 12.5’s I would guess it would be close.
Thanks for your help...Much appreciated. I just dont want them to stick out too far so they flinging rocks and really dont want mud flaps, but still wold like a slightly aggressive stance. Ill be mad if they look more stock when all said and done.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for your help...Much appreciated. I just dont want them to stick out too far so they flinging rocks and really dont want mud flaps, but still wold like a slightly aggressive stance. Ill be mad if they look more stock when all said and done.
Can always get some fender flares to help.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know thanks but not a big fan of the look....the ones on his truck are much more sleek than the aftermarket ones...maybe if I was running 37's!!!
Gotcha. Everybody has their own tastes. 37s look great with a 6" lift on these trucks tho lol.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good to know thanks... the reason I was asking about the height was because I wanted to see if I can still fit through the brush-less car was in my town....Is your gas mileage horrible with the 12.5's?
My truck just shipped so I'm going to order my tires and wheels this week...If you had 1/8in clearance with the zero offset then I should have about 3/4in with the +14 right?

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck just shipped so I'm going to order my tires and wheels this week...If you had 1/8in clearance with the zero offset then I should have about 3/4in with the +14 right?
Yes but remember, I had to trim some plastic and pull the plastic back a bit with zip ties to achieve the 1/8 in gap so without doing this you may be closer than 3/4”

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes but remember, I had to trim some plastic and pull the plastic back a bit with zip ties to achieve the 1/8 in gap so without doing this you may be closer than 3/4”
Gotcha....Did you know that Readylift says that your exact set up should work without trimming? I called them out on it the other day. Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread