5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Fixed Up! Lift, tires, exc.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 2010 with a 4" lift. I have been using Total load Control Bags. They work great. Much more expensive than the ones that go in the coil, but worth it

Its too bad they went out of business.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@19llhpb wondering if you can elaborate on how the front window tint and vent visors work together. Does the tint get scratched from rolling up the windows into the same channel with the visors?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@19llhpb wondering if you can elaborate on how the front window tint and vent visors work together. Does the tint get scratched from rolling up the windows into the same channel with the visors?
I've got 20% tint on my front windows and in channel vent visors on my 2019. Haven't had a problem. Ran the same setup on my 2013 for 4 years. If the tint install is good and its fully cured it won't be a problem.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With the window tint being on the inside of the glass the vent visors have no affect on it whatsoever. The in-channel visors fit nice and tight in the window channel on the outside of the window. Also, the windows are not tinted all the way to the edge of the glass, it is roughly a quarter inch from the edge leaving room for the inside rubber trim when the window is all the way up. Hope that helps!

D

Deleted member 85

Here it is, all accessorized! 2019 Longhorn (truck details in my signature)
3 1/2” Rough Country lift (actuall 3 1/2” front 2” rear), Mayhem 20x9 8103 wheels ( 0 offset), Amp 35x12.5 Terrain Gripper A/T tires, Express roll up tonneau cover, AVS smoke colored bug deflector, AVS smoke colored in channel window vent visors, 12x18 rear mud flaps, front mud flaps, front door window tint 20%, windshield brow tint 5%.

Absolutely love it! Looks like a truck now. The ride is surprisingly still very nice. With tires and lift the front is 5 1/8” higher than stock, the rear is 3 1/8” higher ( measured on level concrete floor before and after). Even with the lift, I did have to trim some of the plastic and zip tie it back on the lower back of the front fender wells to get the 35’s to not rub when turning. They clear by about 1/8”. With the 0 offset wheels it does provide a slightly wider stance. I didn’t want to go to aggressive. I believe stock wheels are around +17 or +18 offset. The tires are 10 ply but only have 42psi air. Would have liked the rear end to sit higher with the lift, especially when I tow my trailer. I know it may effect the ride, but thinkin about adding in coil rear air bags which will be available in late August for the ‘19. I figured no matter what I do, it will still ride better than my 2010 3500 shortbed did!
Also, adjusted my headlights and we are good to go!
I cannot believe I find Patriot Blue with RV Match Walnut Brown so @#&$ing sexy... your truck looks awesome.

Hahny

Reaction score
I also did the rough country kit and thought my truck looked to low in the back, I did some investigating with parts department and took a gamble ordering rear springs from a truck with the off-road package and it actually brought the back up a bit over a inch!

Attachments

• ED455D15-A040-41EE-9B57-ACD590EB6B13.jpeg
    ED455D15-A040-41EE-9B57-ACD590EB6B13.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 92
  • CEDDF894-142A-4F07-906D-92007FB24F68.jpeg
    CEDDF894-142A-4F07-906D-92007FB24F68.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 92

meltedcheez

Reaction score
I also did the rough country kit and thought my truck looked to low in the back, I did some investigating with parts department and took a gamble ordering rear springs from a truck with the off-road package and it actually brought the back up a bit over a inch!

Very nice setup. I like the mudflaps wit the running boards. Great looking truck!

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got my 2019 Longhorn today and this is exactly the look & lift height i am aiming to do myself. Looks Great!. One thing I noticed today was my truck looked uneven from the rear and in your picture of the rear it looks like yours is uneven as well. Anyone else have this issue?

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got my 2019 Longhorn today and this is exactly the look & lift height i am aiming to do myself. Looks Great!. One thing I noticed today was my truck looked uneven from the rear and in your picture of the rear it looks like yours is uneven as well. Anyone else have this issue?
Yes, with the lift the rear of mine looks slightly lower than the front but they actually measure the same. The lift is actually approximately a 3 1/2” front and 2” rear to level the truck. Personally, I would rather the rear still be higher. Thinking about some in coil rear air bags when they become available to keep the rear up when towing. I hate a ‘squatty’ truck!

HardwoodHero

Reaction score
3 1/2” Rough Country lift (actuall 3 1/2” front 2” rear), Mayhem 20x9 8103 wheels ( 0 offset), Amp 35x12.5 Terrain Gripper A/T tires, Express roll up tonneau cover, AVS smoke colored bug deflector, AVS smoke colored in channel window vent visors, 12x18 rear mud flaps, front mud flaps, front door window tint 20%, windshield brow tint 5%.

Absolutely love it! Looks like a truck now. The ride is surprisingly still very nice. With tires and lift the front is 5 1/8” higher than stock, the rear is 3 1/8” higher ( measured on level concrete floor before and after). Even with the lift, I did have to trim some of the plastic and zip tie it back on the lower back of the front fender wells to get the 35’s to not rub when turning. They clear by about 1/8”. With the 0 offset wheels it does provide a slightly wider stance. I didn’t want to go to aggressive. I believe stock wheels are around +17 or +18 offset. The tires are 10 ply but only have 42psi air. Would have liked the rear end to sit higher with the lift, especially when I tow my trailer. I know it may effect the ride, but thinkin about adding in coil rear air bags which will be available in late August for the ‘19. I figured no matter what I do, it will still ride better than my 2010 3500 shortbed did!
I’m doing a 3.5” lift with 35’s as well. Did you recalibrate for the tires? What’s the MPG’s now?

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m doing a 3.5” lift with 35’s as well. Did you recalibrate for the tires? What’s the MPG’s now?
I did not recalibrate for the tire size. On paper after doing the conversion math I was getting right at 16 mpg with approximately 70% rural two lane highway, country roads and 30% in town. The last couple of tankfuls on paper with the colder weather have been right at 15mpg.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Do you know what the overall truck height is withe the 35's and the 3.5in lift?

Your truck looks great!

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hows the ride though....Im so torn between the 35's and the 295/60R
The ride isn’t quite as good as stock obviously but still resides very well to me, still as well or better than my stock ‘17 Expedition. On any smooth highway there is not much difference, on a rougher back road it is slightly more ‘bumpy’.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The ride isn’t quite as good as stock obviously but still resides very well to me, still as well or better than my stock ‘17 Expedition. On any smooth highway there is not much difference, on a rougher back road it is slightly more ‘bumpy’.
Good to know thanks... the reason I was asking about the height was because I wanted to see if I can still fit through the brush-less car was in my town....Is your gas mileage horrible with the 12.5's?

Users who are viewing this thread