5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alignment

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is alignment part of the manufacturer warranty? I have had prior vehicles where it was for 12 months/12k miles but haven't been able to determine on RAM.

RC Turner

Reaction score
I am sure it depends on what issue you are seeing. Tire wear is more than likely on you. If your truck doesn't track straight, maybe. If it has more than a few miles on it, probably not.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it's bad you will notice it when you test drive it.

If you've had it any appreciable time (which you have seeing it's a 2020) then probably not. You might catch a break but the answer is always 'no' unless you ask.

If they just handed out alignments in the first year they would be busy aligning a lot of 11-month-old trucks. ;)

On a side note, I've not heard the most positive things about dealership alignments. I went out and purchased a lifetime alignment from Firestone for $120. Not a small chunk of change but I can have my truck aligned for "free" as long as I own the truck and wait at least 5K miles between appointments. Not a bad deal in the end since I plan on keeping the truck for at least 10 years and 200K miles.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

If you've had it any appreciable time (which you have seeing it's a 2020) then probably not. You might catch a break but the answer is always 'no' unless you ask.

If they just handed out alignments in the first year they would be busy aligning a lot of 11-month-old trucks. ;)

On a side note, I've not heard the most positive things about dealership alignments. I went out and purchased a lifetime alignment from Firestone for $120. Not a small chunk of change but I can have my truck aligned for "free" as long as I own the truck and wait at least 5K miles between appointments. Not a bad deal in the end since I plan on keeping the truck for at least 10 years and 200K miles.
My local dealership doesn't do alignments in house. Instead they send trucks to local alignment shops. same with tire work and paint/body work.

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Only had the truck for a few months when I took it in to have the driver's side Rambox harness replaced and they saw that the steering wheel wasn't centered. They threw in an alignment no charge. Don't know if it's a warranty item off hand.

As for alignments... I remember my grandfather always saying that an alignment is good until the first pothole. 😇

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had my truck in early on for a rear door that wouldn't latch in the middle of winter - while I was there I said the steering wheel is not sitting center and they did an alignment no charge. Steering wheel still sits slightly off center again. I don't think an alignment is the issue. I just picked up a 2021 Jeep Cherokee and that steering wheel is tight and straight as an arrow.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score

How the hell you can get lifetime alignment from Firestone for $120?? If i remember correctly, they quote me around $2xx for it.

Cobalt 23

Reaction score
I am sure it depends on what issue you are seeing. Tire wear is more than likely on you. If your truck doesn't track straight, maybe. If it has more than a few miles on it, probably not.
If you have tire wear. it's probably an alignment problem. That means to me that the truck was never aligned properly at the factory, or the adjustments were not tightened down.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How the hell you can get lifetime alignment from Firestone for $120?? If i remember correctly, they quote me around $2xx for it.
It must have been on sale when I bought it last year. It might have been $140.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Our 2019 Charger Scat Pack developed an alignment issue with the rear wheels that my go-to alignment shop couldn't fix. We ended up taking it to the dealership that fixed it for free under warranty. I watch the guy do it. He was very good.

PS: I got the lifetime alignment from Firestone for my 2003 Quadcab. It was almost $200.

Users who are viewing this thread