5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alignment specs for leveled 2021

Booch

Reaction score
Installed the Readylift 2" front kit, and Motofab 1" rear spacers on my 2021 Rebel. After alignment, it feels slightly squirrelly at times. I kind of thought it felt better before they did the alignment. Not really pulling, just occasionally feeling like there's a gust of wind, but there's no wind. I had the shop align it to OEM specs per Readylift's installation guide, but then found a document on Readylift's site that has slightly different alignment specs.

Wouldn't be the first time an alignment wasn't right so that could be it, but I want to make sure I have them use the right specs. So, for those that leveled their 5th gen, what specs did you use?

armymp1130

Reaction score
ive had 9 alignments since i leveled mine and went to dealer again on friday and i got them to order me a new steering rack

Booch

Reaction score
Only have 3500 miles on the truck, I would hope all my parts are still good! Here is the print out.

2021 Alignment.JPG

Booch

Reaction score
Numbers are slightly different, but I don't know if that's a lot or a little.

Readylift's updated documentation (or at least different than the one in the package) recommends this, which seems quite different.

Driver Passenger Tolerance Total / Split
Camber +0.15 +0.15 +/- 0.5 +0.0
Caster +3.0 +3.0 +/- 0.5 +0.0
Toe +.10 +.10 +/-0.05 +.20

db252

Reaction score
Barely anything. Those changes, if they can be called that, are negligible and would have no affect for the better or worse. I just hope you weren’t charged for that.

Booch

Reaction score
I was charged. Everyone says to get an alignment after lift/level. I put 2" front, 1" rear, figured it would require some adjustment.

db252

Reaction score
In my opinion, you should not have been charged. Your previous specs were 100% within spec and the changes they made are imperceivable. I deal with camber/caster/toe on my track car so this is something I have common experience with. If you think it feels better and the cost doesn’t concern you then all good.

Booch

Reaction score
I think it feels worse than before they "did" it. Feels loose, like it doesn't want to hold straight for more than a few seconds. It's subtle, but noticeable.

Ratchet

Reaction score
Alot of shops will give this print out because it can appear somewhat vague and still indicate "green". They are using a Hunter system. Even if the tech is inexperienced, it will show them how to adjust each available angle. They were able to get you pretty close to preferred. The front caster could use a bit of love. Are you getting a drift towards the left?

Booch

Reaction score
Not really a drift to either direction, just feels like it has trouble finding and keeping straight at times. A light wind will push it around much easier than before, as well. From the little I know about this, that seems related to caster. Sure seems like they would have had to do a little adjustment after 2" front, 1" rear lift.

Ram1500rsm

Reaction score
They only adjusted toe. You went from a slightly toe out to in where it actually should be. Total .10

Your camber is literally zero and your caster is on the high side. Nothing wrong with that.

What's your tire pressure cold?

Booch

Reaction score
54/44. It's not that. It felt fine after lift and before alignment. If the specs are good (which is what I'm really trying to figure out), then I'll just have them take another look. Could very well have been knocked out of alignment already, my first Rebel was prone to that. Still though, I figured the specs would change a bit more after lift. Am I wrong to assume that?

Ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Yep the specs should have changed after lift. Mine will change (mostly Toe) when i've messed with my coilovers adding 2-3 turns in them to go higher 1/2 or so, when you do 2" everything should move a bit. I'm very anal with my aligment prob why i've never has a single issue with my tires wearing down funny.
Take it back and ask them to recheck everything, hopefully they didn't leave anything loose. Typically the steering gets flighty after lift because your wheels tend to move backwards towards the fender wells. (Caster decrease). RAM's seem a bit better than most platforms in that regards with just 2" lift. Anything i did before the RAM with 2-2.5" lift was shaving at least 2-3* out of my caster on factory arms.
you have aftermarket arms so prob that's why your values are on the high side (caster) and pretty much perfect for camber. Nothing wrong with a little more caster like you have. Should track better that way at speed in dirt roads. your toe is fine. Frankly i have no idea why your truck feels the way you describe at least looking at your alignment sheet. You'll know better than us of course cause you drive it everyday.

What tires do you have currently ? 54 psi front ? is that FCA new specs on the door.. damn...

Good luck.

Last edited:

Ram1500rsm

Reaction score
This was my print out couple of months ago after adding bumper and winch and adding around 4-5 turns in my coilovers to add more preload to counteract the effects of new weight. Notice how everything moved, and this wasn't 2" more. it was prob 3/4 on both sides. I like a slightly neg camber cause i tend to be a little more aggresive with my rig in dirt roads. and i like my caster close to 5* as i like my tires a little away from the inner fender seams. That's how i was able to run 37's before :)

2021-01-18_05-59-52 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

Last edited:

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You lifted the front end of the truck up 2". It's going to feel more squirrely, especially at speed. Where before you had some downforce, now you have less to none. The air is now lifting the front of the truck.

Booch

Reaction score
FWIW I finally got this resolved. Figured I'd post it, maybe it'll help somebody at some point.

The shop changed the caster on the passenger side to match the driver side, and (maybe) adjusted toe a hair. Now it drives nice and straight again, and doesn't get pushed around in the wind.

Camber -0.1 0.0
Caster 4.6 4.7
Toe .06 .06

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online