5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm going to ask a NEWB question, so please be easy. Also, I DID spend over an hour looking for this information...............so again, please be easy.

I have a 2024 1500 Laramie and am trying to get Alfa hooked up. I have the bypass cable with the two smaller plugs and the OBD. I know where to plug the smaller plugs in. I know to remove the "stock" OBD and put the other end of my bypass cable where that used to be. First question, is that correct?

Second question, assuming the "stock" OBD plug is now my bypass cable..............what do I do with the "stock" OBD plug? Just tie it up out of the way?

I was planning on leaving the bypass cable in and my MC+ plugged in while I make several changes. Thank for any help.
I leave the bypass cable in place, but not the MC+. It looks like it stays on when the trucks off. It may drain the battery

Users who are viewing this thread