5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alfaobd Backup Vehicle Config Issues

Yak1

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2022 RAM Rebel and trying to back up the Backup Vehicle Config to file, I push start and it comes up no data. I have checked to see if it is reading the system status by clicking the battery Icon and it is showing everything.
I have the latest version Alfa OBD 2.3.2.0. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I have tried going into the tools and uploading to Google drive, sign in and tried to upload fault and status log comes up with the same issue no data.
If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When you say “it comes up no data”, what do you mean by that?
You mean you hit start, then a box pops up saying there’s no data? If so, do you have a screenshot you can post?
Or, you follow the path where it says the Config backup file has been created and stored to on your device, you open it, and there’s nothing in it?
The backup file is just a file with a bunch of lines of random numbers and letters that all start with 62.
On an android device, you might need and app like text editor to open up the file.

Yak1

Reaction score
Hi Jimmy, Thanks for the quick response back. I can connect to the Body Computer and read system ID, and Read System Status, but when I go to Tools, if I select View Faults and Status Log, nothing happens, If i select Upload to Google Drive, I can sign into my Google Drive, but again, when I select Upload Faults and Status Log, I get a pop up at the bottom that just says "no data available". I tried doing the same in " Backup Vehicle Configuration File" and click start and it does not do anything. As I mentioned earlier it is reading it does show data when I click on the battery Icon and read system ID. I am also able to do changes but this is the only issue I am having, I even loaded a text app. Below is a snip it of what comes up when I click on "Upload Faults And Status Log. Not sure if I am missing some settings, I believe there are other members experiencing the same issue but have not seen anyone that has resolved it.

1689129649712.png

Users who are viewing this thread