5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AirRide Levelling Kit Ready Lift - Questions

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had my Readylift kit installed the other day and now the front is sitting higher than the rear. Might have to take their bracket off for the airbag sensor and use the original with some revel links to adjust the airbag height.
You could put Revel links at the rear to bring it up a smidge.

2talltexan

Reaction score
Just installed my ReadyLift 1.5 inch level for air ride. Now the front sits 1/4" below the back. I am extremely pleased. Also added 285/55R22 Toyo Open Country AT3 tires. Love the look with the night edition 22s on my Limited.

Side Angle.jpg
Side 1.jpg

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just installed my ReadyLift 1.5 inch level for air ride. Now the front sits 1/4" below the back. I am extremely pleased. Also added 285/55R22 Toyo Open Country AT3 tires. Love the look with the night edition 22s on my Limited.

View attachment 120972
View attachment 120973
¼ inch of rake is perfect.

How do those 285/55's ride? Trying to decide between those and 305/45's but am worried about the weight and sidewall stiffness of the LT's.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the ride is just as good as stock. The 3.92 and etorque seem to handle the added weight just fine.
Cool, any noticeable hit to your MPGs form the level/LT tire combo? Did you get your speedometer adjusted? Kinda of dreading having to spend $300 for a Tazer just to do that haha.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Cool, any noticeable hit to your MPGs form the level/LT tire combo? Did you get your speedometer adjusted? Kinda of dreading having to spend $300 for a Tazer just to do that haha.
$100 for AlfaOBD and you can adjust a lot more than the speedometer.

2talltexan

Reaction score
No noticeable hit to the MPGs, but I’ve only had it done for a little over 24 hours. I’m sure there will be some impact.

Lurts

Reaction score

View attachment 120972
View attachment 120973
Your truck looks amazing after the lift!

Couple quick questions:

How are you liking the ride now that you’ve have it a bit longer? New tires not withstanding, do you feel like the suspension rides pretty close to stock?

What ride height is the truck in for the pictures? Normal?

Do you still have access to all 5 ride heights?

Thanks!

2talltexan

Reaction score
Your truck looks amazing after the lift!

Couple quick questions:

How are you liking the ride now that you’ve have it a bit longer? New tires not withstanding, do you feel like the suspension rides pretty close to stock?

What ride height is the truck in for the pictures? Normal?

Do you still have access to all 5 ride heights?

Thanks!
Thank you.

Truck's ride feels the same as factory. Tires feel very "planted", but that could be their extra weight since they are LTs. Still experimenting with tire pressure to find the best ride feel. Running 40 psi right now and I think I like it.

The pics are in normal ride height.

Yes, all 5 ride heights still work as expected.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just when I thought I was done spending money on the truck. Your truck looks great.

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score

View attachment 120972
View attachment 120973
Truck looks great, wondering why you didn’t just go with the revel links front and rear and adjust jen to get the 1.5” of lift? I’ve rode in a limited with the links set in between off-road 1 and 2 for height wise which is around 2-2.25 lift and it is smoo th as silk still. Just wondering why everyone goes with leveling links and a spacer?

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Truck looks great, wondering why you didn’t just go with the revel links front and rear and adjust jen to get the 1.5” of lift? I’ve rode in a limited with the links set in between off-road 1 and 2 for height wise which is around 2-2.25 lift and it is smoo th as silk still. Just wondering why everyone goes with leveling links and a spacer?
Because many of us (including me) tried doing just the links and the ride went to sh*t. Trust me, this truck is not meant to go go 70 in OF1. Even at town cruising speeds it's bouncy af.

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
Oh okay. Im coming from a 2018 ram 2500 with leveling spacers lol.. so for me it feels like a Mercedes compared to my 2500 lol.. 😂
Because many of us (including me) tried doing just the links and the ride went to sh*t. Trust me, this truck is not meant to go go 70 in OF1. Even at town cruising speeds it's bouncy af.

Lurts

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks. Just ordered my kit, can’t wait to get it installed!

Still torn between 305/45/22 and 285/55/22 Toyo’s due to the LT vs XL rating, but we’ll see.

Domt1775

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks. Just ordered my kit, can’t wait to get it installed!

Still torn between 305/45/22 and 285/55/22 Toyo’s due to the LT vs XL rating, but we’ll see.
Did ya decide on anything yet? torn between doing the ready lift on 285s or just leaving the stock lift and going with the 305s to keep MPGs and ride.

Lurts

Reaction score
I ordered my ReadyLift last night.

Ordered from here:

Bilstein

Says there’s 2 more in stock ;). It’s already shipped and should be here by Friday.

As for tires, I’ll likely go with the 305/45/22. Truck has 3.21 gears and reading around this forum has me questioning their ability to handle 285/55/22 😂. I’ll be waiting for Mopar’s buy 3, get 1 free deal though to purchase the tires.

Users who are viewing this thread