5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Airlinks; Yes or No?

Reaction score
Just wondering what's y'all's opinions on installing Airlinks? I'm a fan of a more leveled look. This is my first vehicle with air suspension. So my knowledge of it is basic.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had them on a previous truck but didn't transfer them to our current one. I like the leveled look but they did affect fuel economy a little. I may end up installing them eventually though now that we aren't driving the truck as much. Just know that they made the OR2 setting unusable.

Pgathomas

Reaction score
I have airlinks and love them. My tire change impacted mileage if anything. Ride is still smooth, I have the or1 setting as normal and my or2 is now or1, if that makes sense. Essentially, I still have or2 but the switch thinks it is or1.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have airlinks and love them. My tire change impacted mileage if anything. Ride is still smooth, I have the or1 setting as normal and my or2 is now or1, if that makes sense. Essentially, I still have or2 but the switch thinks it is or1.
Mine wouldn’t go to OR2. I would get a message about the air suspension system overheating. What you’re saying about OR2 being OR1 doesn’t make sense unless you lowered your truck with links. Maybe I‘m just not following what you’re saying.

Pgathomas

Reaction score
I struggled for a bit understanding it and still with communicating it…

So essentially, when you install the links you are essentially tricking the system to read “normal” as a higher setting… for me, I set the links at the or1 lengths. So my air system, because of the links settings, when enabled after installing, make the adjustment to the perceived “normal”, which is actually or1. On my switch, when I raise to or1, from the new “normal” it is actually raising to or2.

Based upon the switch to raise and lower, entry/exit is now old aero….aero is now old normal… normal is now old or1… and or1 is now old or2.

Did I lose or2?…. Only if you ask the toggle to raise and lower…. since or1 is now the new or2…

I hope this helps

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have links but i am soon doing this kit.

From My experience the links do level but will result in losing your highest setting and creates a rough ride.
IMG_7918.jpeg
IMG_7817.jpeg

Reaction score
Did you get the complete level? Raise the front 1.5in and lower the back .50in or did you get just raise the front?

Pgathomas

Reaction score
I have links but i am soon doing this kit.

From My experience the links do level but will result in losing your highest setting and creates a rough ride.
View attachment 186018
View attachment 186019
Truck looks great!

Pgathomas

Reaction score
Did you get the complete level? Raise the front 1.5in and lower the back .50in or did you get just raise the front?
I got the front and rear links. I adjusted the rear 6 turns shorter (raises the rear) and found that the front links are preadjusted prior to shipping. I initially put on just the front but liked the look of the truck with the rear adjusted with the front better.

Reaction score
I got the front and rear links. I adjusted the rear 6 turns shorter (raises the rear) and found that the front links are preadjusted prior to shipping. I initially put on just the front but liked the look of the truck with the rear adjusted with the front better.
I just ordered the leveling kit. Raise front, lower rear. When you installed them did you jack the truck up and remove the tires?

Pgathomas

Reaction score
I just ordered the leveling kit. Raise front, lower rear. When you installed them did you jack the truck up and remove the tires?
No, you do not need to remove the tires. Go into settings and place air suspension in tire jack mode… having the setting in normal prior. You will get a message that sir suspension is disabled. From there remove links one at a time and replace with each removal with the Airlinks. Takes about 20 minutes. Super easy. When done, go back into settings and enable air suspension… start the truck and adjustments begin. Enjoy

Reaction score
No, you do not need to remove the tires. Go into settings and place air suspension in tire jack mode… having the setting in normal prior. You will get a message that sir suspension is disabled. From there remove links one at a time and replace with each removal with the Airlinks. Takes about 20 minutes. Super easy. When done, go back into settings and enable air suspension… start the truck and adjustments begin. Enjoy
Thank you for the info. I really appreciate it

Users who are viewing this thread