5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Airlinks Vs Revel Air Links

clazer

Reaction score
Howdy All. I’ve been running homemade links (allthread and 8mm ball sockets) for 3 years now. Someone here mentioned Airlinks, so I went on their site and bought a front set for my 2019 1500 Rebel. The passenger link is 6mm (1/4”) longer than the driver, which is verified in their instructions. Everything I’ve seen up until now suggests same length both sides (Revel instructions, posts here in the forums). What gives?

Last edited:

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Howdy All. I’ve been running homemade links (allthread and 8mm ball sockets) for 3 years now. Someone here mentioned Airlinks, so I went on their site and bought a front set for my 2019 1500 Rebel. The passenger link is 6mm (1/4”) longer than the driver, which is verified in their instructions. Everything I’ve seen up until now suggests same length both sides (Revel instructions, posts here in the forums). What gives?
Do you have a write up/thread for your homemade links? I wouldn’t mind making my own. The prices are crazy given what little material goes into manufacturing them

Leveled

Reaction score
I put the Airlink’s on last week and was wondering the same thing. I haven’t seen a noticeable difference in height on one side or the other. I bought their kit with the front and rear links and the rear are the same length on both sides.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put the Airlink’s on last week and was wondering the same thing. I haven’t seen a noticeable difference in height on one side or the other. I bought their kit with the front and rear links and the rear are the same length on both sides.
How was your experience with the AirLinks? I just bought the front and rear set today.

Leveled

Reaction score
How was your experience with the AirLinks? I just bought the front and rear set today.
So far, so good. I was back and forth between those and Revel. What sold me on the Air Links was that the kit raises the front and lowers the rear slightly to achieve a leveled look. To me this helps keep the front bags at a lower pressure, helping to maintain ride quality rather than raising the front to match the back. Also, all of my settings still work. From what I’ve read without the spacers OR1 and OR2 won’t work with the Revel kit.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So far, so good. I was back and forth between those and Revel. What sold me on the Air Links was that the kit raises the front and lowers the rear slightly to achieve a leveled look. To me this helps keep the front bags at a lower pressure, helping to maintain ride quality rather than raising the front to match the back. Also, all of my settings still work. From what I’ve read without the spacers OR1 and OR2 won’t work with the Revel kit.
Sounds good to me. Ordered mine today. Thanks for the insight.

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
I installed the kit from Airlinks. Went great. I did tweak the lengths to go back to stock on both left and right. I have about a 1/2" rake and left the passenger side 1/4" higher on both the front an read. Before I leveled, there was 1/4" difference between the driver and passenger (factory driver link was shorter than the passenger link). Someone mentioned it was due to crowned roads and that was why the passenger side sat higher to keep the cab level. Don't know if that's true or not, but sounded good to me. The airlink product is awesome, along with their customer service!

clazer

Reaction score
I installed the kit from Airlinks. Went great. I did tweak the lengths to go back to stock on both left and right. I have about a 1/2" rake and left the passenger side 1/4" higher on both the front a read. Before I leveled, there was 1/4" difference between the driver and passenger (factory driver link was shorter than the passenger link). Someone mentioned it was due to crowned roads and that was why the passenger side sat higher to keep the cab level. Don't know if that's true or not, but sounded good to me. The airlink product is awesome, along with their customer service!
That’s really interesting! My factory links caliper the same length. By “back to stock” are you saying lift the front end but keep the 1/4” difference left to right? Thanks for the reply.

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
That’s really interesting! My factory links caliper the same length. By “back to stock” are you saying lift the front end but keep the 1/4” difference left to right? Thanks for the reply.
My stock links I pulled off were a little longer on the passenger side (at least they looked that way). Here are the before and after measurements in normal.

Before
Front (Driver/Passenger)
37-1/4 / 37-1/2
Rear (Driver/Passenger)
39-0 / 39-1/4

After
Front (Driver/Passenger)
38-3/4 / 39-0
Rear (Driver/Passenger)
39-1/4 / 39-1/2

I found that every 1-2 turns on the Airlinks resulted in about 1/8 of an inch change to level. Sometimes it was one turn and sometimes it took two turns. I messed with them 8-10 times over the course of a couple of days tweaking them in. I tried for 3/4" of rake, but stopped at 1/2 because I lost interest. I did buy the full front and back package with spacers, but didn't use the back links. Don't know why the back went up 1/4" ( I assume there was some weight shift and impact on pressure in the rear strut).

If I had it to do all over again, I think I would have tried the front and rear links without the spacers. I would raise the front 1/2"-3/4" and drop the rear 1/2". I don't think this would impact the ride to any level you could perceive. The spacers are easy enough, but still a pain in the you know what. Plus, I hate jacking with anything under warranty that I can't easily reverse. I think once you put the strut stud sleeves on, they ain't coming off without damaging the original studs, plus you have to trim them off about 1/2" before you put the sleeves on.

Users who are viewing this thread