5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air suspension - what is the difference in offroad 2 (in non rebel models) and offroad in rebel models?

Neokane

Reaction score
I was reading in the manual, and I am trying to find out what/why the rebel with air suspension is different.

Standard air suspension offer 2 offroad modes, where the rebel has only 1.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The suspension components on all DT trucks are exactly the same, the only variation being spring type and shock valving. So the components (control arms, ball joints, tie rod ends, etc) can only travel so much. Rebels and Off Road model trucks ride 1" higher than the standard trucks, even with the non-adjustable suspension. However, just because they start at a higher Normal ride height, it does not mean they can raise the same amount higher. Rebel and Off Road package trucks can only raise to the same maximum ride height as all the other trucks. So, the highest ride height on any Ram is exactly the same. The number of deviations, or steps in between Normal and Max ride height is either 1 or 2, depending on how high the truck rides to begin with. So a Rebel, which starts 1" higher than my non-ORG Laramie with air ride, for example, only has one more level up to go to get to max, where my Laramie has two levels to go up.

Rapidskate

Reaction score
So, my Limited with only 4 ride heights is an ORG or off road truck? Is there any designation on the window sticker that shows that. In other words, other than 4 lights, how would I know that, especially when purchasing?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Paying attention...shocks and skidplates also...but I didnt want anyone having to kneel down or crawl under lol. And wheels will be different for the ORG.

This really is a great community. The information and conversations here always are thorough.

Rapidskate

Reaction score
Then the next question is why do I only have 4 settings on my Limited if it’s not a Rebel or ORG? I must be misunderstanding something.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I could be completely wrong, I do not have a 1500 with air suspension.

But my guess is normal isnt a selection.

The up button is off road 1 and 2

The down button is areo and entry exit.

So that would be your 5 settings.

Taking a wild guess.

DanSkan

Reaction score
Non ORP and non Rebels do have 5 level settings: entry/exit = 0, aero + 1 1/2", normal +2", OR1 + 3", & OR2 +4"
ORP & Rebels have 4 settings with normal raised 1" and at the same elevation as non ORP OR1: entry/exit = 0, aero + 2 1/2", normal +3", & OR + 4"

The height for all Air Suspension trucks have a range of 4" and the normal mode height is programmed into the computer.

AevJk1day

Reaction score
Non ORP and non Rebels do have 5 level settings: entry/exit = 0, aero + 1 1/2", normal +2", OR1 + 3", & OR2 +4"
ORP & Rebels have 4 settings with normal raised 1" and at the same elevation as non ORP OR1: entry/exit = 0, aero + 2 1/2", normal +3", & OR + 4"

The height for all Air Suspension trucks have a range of 4" and the normal mode height is programmed into the computer.

Good explanation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread