5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air suspension stuck in entry/exit - ok to drive and tow?

Moonlightboater

Reaction score
I believe the RAM system is a closed system, no way to drain it. Moisture should never be in the system unless a seal is broken somewhere.
Well did not do my due diligence before getting my Limited. I looked at the system and it sure enough is a closed system. So if you do develop a slow leak, it is not as easy to capture vs. air. I would rather have a true air ride system with a moisture evacuation valve and not have to take it to the dealer for slight N2 leaks! When you lower the truck where does the N2 go?

Last edited:

rammin03

Reaction score
Well did not do my due diligence before getting my Limited. I looked at the system and it sure enough is a closed system. So if you do develop a slow leak, it is not as easy to capture vs. air. I would rather have a true air ride system with a moisture evacuation valve and not have to take it to the dealer for slight N2 leaks! When you lower the truck where does the N2 go?
I dont know for sure but I believe there are two tanks located under the bed but above the spare tire and the system moves the nitrogen back and forth as needed for the particular level you are using. I am sure someone with more knowledge will chime in. I googled it and came up with a generic older picture, could be completely different. Active-Level Four-Corner Air Suspension System.JPG

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
the compressor move the nitro back into the tanks when you lower
thats why you can hear the compressor no matter if it goes up or down vs a open system you would here air purging

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Back and forth to the tanks under the bed. IMG_5876 ram back pump.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread