5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Suspension Random Adjust

pcgurugary

Reaction score
2019 Limited 5.7 w/air suspension. Truck adjusts height when parked on level ground. Noticed this at home when I pull it out of the garage into the drive. Within a few minutes it hums(air compressor?) and makes a small downward height adjustment; lasts a couple seconds. My drive and garage are level. This happens wherever I park. Just wondering if this is normal? Has anyone seen this and reason it would do this?

clazer

Reaction score
It’s constantly adjusting for what it’s programming thinks is best. Open the tailgate and the tail will drop some (at least most of the time). I think it gathers data while driving then makes small tweaks when you stop moving.

pcgurugary

Reaction score
Today while it was in the driveway, for at least 2 hours, neighbor came over & walked behind it. Same thing; dropped down just a little, have to watch it closely to see it move. Don't think it's a problem but that computer is working constantly. Otherwise, love this truck!

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe a tech posted up the air suspension adjustment routine; it's something like 3 level checks after shutoff. Also when you interact with the truck and you have the key nearby, it will auto-level. I believe 2hrs or so after shutoff it stops any auto-correction

768mph

Reaction score
Completely normal as stated above. Mine does the same thing; my driveway is not level and it makes the truck articulate to be level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barr0208

Reaction score
my experience with my 2014 Laramie air suspension is the auto adjust function can be problematic. my vehicle was parked overnight. while I was cutting my lawn the next day I heard the compressor running the following morning I had a service air bags light. so no its not normal. I had the bags replaced the compressor the sensors 2 recharges got rid of the piece of you know what lol. no more ram air suspension for me.

spaightlabs

Reaction score
my experience with my 2014 Laramie air suspension is the auto adjust function can be problematic. my vehicle was parked overnight. while I was cutting my lawn the next day I heard the compressor running the following morning I had a service air bags light. so no its not normal. I had the bags replaced the compressor the sensors 2 recharges got rid of the piece of you know what lol. no more ram air suspension for me.

It's normal - your airbags were jacked up.

768mph

Reaction score

Your experience was not normal. Not the air ride.

768mph

Reaction score
Your experience was not normal. Not the air ride.

9e59662c053e2275344f352fa975f74b.jpg

barr0208

Reaction score
I know its not normal im ,saying that the air suspension is problematic 2 years of being towed to the dealer for the front suspension down on bump stops, compressor failures(twice) ,battery problems (due to the compressor running way to much) I got rid of the truck im not pulling my camper to remote areas to have the suspension fail and no option to get my camper home. I got rid of the truck and the air suspension has been problematic since 2013 and they still haven't got it right. I love my ram but no air suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread