5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Suspension or Not??? Ordering soon

Jims380da

Reaction score
Hi, going back and forth on the air suspension option. Had it on a Chevy Avalanche and it was great. Should I order my 2020 with or without it? Appreciate all your opinions. Thanks

Nightmare90gt

Reaction score
Depends on what you plan to do with the truck. I want to tow with it so I like the idea of auto leveling. Reliability we will have to wait and see how that one goes. I would suggest weighing the pros and cons of each suspension and test drive both and go with the one you like more.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lots of threads discussing this topic. Obviously it’s completely subjective but if you want opinions for an imminent decision, I think you will find the answers there you’re looking for. IMO you can’t go wrong. Whatever you want is the right decision. Just get a good $$ deal, order what you want and you’ll be happy.

Jims380da

Reaction score
I initially test drove a loaded laramie with the standard suspension and noticed how smooth it was compared to my Sierra denali. I cant imagine how much better it can get. I guess I should test drive one with it.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I initially test drove a loaded laramie with the standard suspension and noticed how smooth it was compared to my Sierra denali. I cant imagine how much better it can get. I guess I should test drive one with it.
If you tow and are in the lower 48, meaning mild temps most of the year, the air ride is a great tool to have. If you plan on bigger tires or suspension mods, stick with steel coil. It's pretty much that easy to decide. Limited trucks only come with air ride, so keep that in mind as well.

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
I had air suspension in my last Laramie. I do not have it now. The ride quality is excellent without the air suspension and I never miss it for that reason. I also wanted the options of a possible leveling kit or small lift in the future. That option is not really available if you have air suspension. As others have said, if you tow a lot then I would probably get it. I have an Airstream that I tow about 4-6 times per year with a leveling hitch and I have no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread