5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Suspension Not Working Properly

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just traded 2014 Laramie with air suspension a new 2019 with air. My suspension will not default automatically to (NRH) Normal Ride Height from the Exit/Entry level. When departing any time from Entry/exit level the suspension will default to Aero level never leaving the aero level.

When I depart from exit/entry level and manually press level button two times it goes to NFH with no issues. It will also work perfectly if I slect all 5 modes as its supposed ,but only if i select them.If I have aero mode checked in settings it will default to aero after 62 mph and stay there even after i come to complete stop. ( My Old 2014 would deaf ult to NRH below 35 mph or complete stop) If I uncheck areo in settings will not default to areo from NRH level at 62-66 Mph.! It will work in all modes perfectly by manual set but NEVER to automatically to NRH level. There is no code being sent to evic where Dealer checked it for me. Dealer has very limited knowledge of air suspension and tells me this is normal not going to NRH automatically each time vehicle is driven at certain speeds or stopped. Any one else having this issue?

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe there are some others posts on this subject. From what others have posted, it’s an easy fix.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Should go straight to NRH from EE. Have the dealer check it. It's a programming glitch.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had an oddity this morning. Started truck on E/E mode from night before and started driving. Was shocked that it didn't raise once hit 16mph but kept going. Stayed in E/E up to 60. Thankfully smooth road because that mode on my ORG rides on the rear bump stops. Got enough bone rattling so manually raised it.

Just spent an hour tonight trying to recreate it and can't. Tried every combo that existed this morning and now it works as advertised. Aside from glitch, can't explain why it behaved this way this morning.
I do recall another member who's air suspension worked this way where he could drive at any speed in E/E.

Going in to dealer first thing tomorrow to explore air suspension height setting re-programming and will report back.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 16' always loved to mess with my emotions if I had auto aero selected. Finally just stopped using aero all together because I was also sick of visiting my dealer once a week.

Funny, my coil suspension hasn't upset me once... go figure.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had an oddity this morning. Started truck on E/E mode from night before and started driving. Was shocked that it didn't raise once hit 16mph but kept going. Stayed in E/E up to 60. Thankfully smooth road because that mode on my ORG rides on the rear bump stops. Got enough bone rattling so manually raised it.

Just spent an hour tonight trying to recreate it and can't. Tried every combo that existed this morning and now it works as advertised. Aside from glitch, can't explain why it behaved this way this morning.
I do recall another member who's air suspension worked this way where he could drive at any speed in E/E.

Going in to dealer first thing tomorrow to explore air suspension height setting re-programming and will report back.

Well dealer was a bust this morning. Scheduler had me in at 7 only to find out once there that the techs don't get in until 8. Adviser told me she'd "researched" my question about dealer programming of air suspension heights and she didn't think there was anything they could do. Didn't have another hour to kill waiting on techs so I'll investigate another time.

Users who are viewing this thread