5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Suspension not returning to Normal mode after Easy entry setting.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, if you tell the truck to go to Aero it will stay there. The Off-Road options have speed thresholds designed for safety that will be overridden due to speed if they are manually selected.

BigHorn-SV

Reaction score
So, last week asked my U. S. Customer Care person the following question about the issue of these trucks' not raising out of E/E mode when using Key fob: "Would you be able to find out from your colleagues in FCA engineering what the consequences might be to my truck's tires, alignment, or suspension hardware, if the vehicle was mistakenly driven in Entry/Exit mode on a long road trip (e.g., 500 miles)".

Her response was as follows: "... did research on the Entry/Exit mode. You should not have any consequences with the Entry/Exit mode if you're driving for long periods of time. If you do let us know, however on our end there hasn't been any complaints or issues in our database of any of those concerns."

Bottom line is if I do forget to activate the toggle switch, am sure to remember after a couple of hard knocks with ~800 lbs. of motorcycle(s) tied-down in my truck's bed...

Last edited:

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your suspension is not working like
I'm pretty sure if I use the toggle switch to put my truck in Aero mode manually (for example, when the engine is running and I am not moving), it will stay in Aero mode, no matter what speed I go. E.g. I can then drive at 70 MPH for a while, then come to a stop, and it will stay in Aero mode the whole time. I have tested that in the past and verified it. But, I have not tested it recently, so who knows if I have gotten some update from the dealer or OTA that might have changed that behavior.
Your suspension is nor working like it should needless to say.):

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a follow-up to this. I had my truck in the shop at Thanksgiving and they updated all the firmware (3 computers, I think they said?) to the latest firmware.

Since then, I have noticed and confirmed that, now, if I use the key fob to lower the truck to E/E (while the truck is off), when I start the engine and start driving, it does now raise itself up automatically to NRH. And then, per my Uconnect settings, lower to Aero at higher speeds, go back up to NRH when I slow down, etc..

Kob0583

Reaction score
I followed the directions on here and mine is now working properly, it seems that it will default to the last setting for Aero or Normal. I placed it in normal before going into drive and it worked as stated in the manual. Also lowered it with the FOB still worked as in the manual but before following the suggestions it would go to Aero every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Drop it to EE with the fob. When it's in EE, then remote start the truck. Then hop in and start driving. Let us know if it goes to Normal.

Users who are viewing this thread